Sun Deck weight load and davit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

siestakey

Guru
Vessel Name
Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Our 46 MT kelly

I am trying to find out what the weight limit on our sun deck is

I want to upgrade my dingy so I have seen Boston whalers with 25hps on the same boat

we have also had 6 people on our deck for the 4th of july

I am wondering if anyone knows what the weight limit is and what the original davit was designed for

I am rebuilding the davit new motor cable and pullys

I don't know much about MTs, but when I had the same questions about our Defever 44 sundeck, I emailed the owner of the yard that built/builds them--Wilson Lin at POCTA in Hong Kong. He was able to tell me the design limits quickly. If MT's are still in production or the yard still exists, maybe you can try that. Good luck.

I don't know much about MTs, but when I had the same questions about our Defever 44 sundeck, I emailed the owner of the yard that built/builds them--Wilson Lin at POCTA in Hong Kong. He was able to tell me the design limits quickly. If MT's are still in production or the yard still exists, maybe you can try that. Good luck.

Thanks I have tried to find the yard we are pretty sure it is closed at least have hit dead ends

We have a boston whaler 11ft and a 20 hp. Our winch strains but does the job. We towed the whaler last year to the keys and found it easier to use that way. We are replacing the whaler(it is for sale!) with a 18 ft CC fishing boat and will tow that. We feel the boat sits too low in the water with all our fuel, solar, batteries, stuff and toys on board anyway.

@ TheOffice: June 2014

Back
Top Bottom