Swim platform weight capability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jnvoss

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gray Eagle
Vessel Make
1985 35" CHB
Anyone have a suggestion on determining how much weight my swim platform can handle? I have a 1984 35' CHB with a wooden swim platform. Wanting to add Weaver davits for about 130 lb dingy. Thanks for your suggestions.

There's no easy answer. It really requires a professional, probably a surveyor. It's a combination of the platform, plus how it's attached, plus the condition of the transom. Many platforms require reinforcement to carry weight with more support from the transom by additional brackets.

Someone from most shipyards could give you knowledge from their experience but not likely calculated.

Anyone have a suggestion on determining how much weight my swim platform can handle? I have a 1984 35' CHB with a wooden swim platform. Wanting to add Weaver davits for about 130 lb dingy. Thanks for your suggestions.

What do you think the average combined weights of a CHB owner and spouce are? :eek: Shouldn't be a problem! :hide:

What do you think the average combined weights of a CHB owner and spouce are? :eek: Shouldn't be a problem! :hide:

I agree.....yet static and dynamic weight loading should be considered....

I can't imagine a swim platform not designed to support at least 500 pounds static and as long as your are not in a true ocean storm, I surmise a 130 lb dingy will be no issue in normal use...

I made my own swim platform of 2 layers 1/2" ply and with several people and my #150 dingy it doesn't even wince.....with the stock supports.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom