Photo Gallery - All Members Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, Eric, Thanks for suggesting this thread. It seems that I spend so much time surfing the cleaning/repairing/maintenance sections that I forget why I own a boat in the first place.

Thanks Max. Been meaning to try something like this for some time. Willard Boat Owners site on yahoo groups has a section called "PHOTOS" and at least 50 members have a little album of photos so anytime you can click in and see most boats in detail and see what the owner looks like as well. Some boats are of flagship status and others are common but the close up pictures reveal interesting details put there either by an owner or built in by the manufacturer. Anyway I'm glad we have the the visual essence of many of our members and their boats. We could prolly double the size of this album
biggrin.gif
By the way**** ...who is "BTW"

I did a quick Google search of Billy T Whitman- he came up as a recent post on Trawler Forum:)

I hate to say this but about 8 months ago Whitman sold his Willard and bought an Island Gypsy. He's listed in the I.G. Club.

Eric- Love the pic's. Gotta admit that I was never brave enough to put "Lady Anne" on the grid. Seemed that I always had some excuse and could find reason to keep 'er in the water. By the way how do I post pictures on this site?

First, don't use the quick reply box.* Use the "Reply" button.

Below the text area is a check-box labeled "Attach Images".* When you click that on, a file upload area should appear.* There you use the browse buttons to find your photos.* Hit the "Upload File(s)" button at the bottom when you're done and...voila!

Or, there are instructions here...
http://www.trawlerforum.com/index.spark?aBID=115492&p=3&topicID=13730406

-- Edited by Tonic on Monday 8th of November 2010 07:15:14 PM

Hi Rob and Anne,
Glad you're here and you'll find it a lot more stimulating that WBO. Yea* ..I like pics too and here you can post them on any post so every post is "show and tell". ha ha.
I dropped the ball on buying a new boat so now I can focus on up-grading Willy. Anchor stuff and windows are at the top now. Saturday we had a 22.4 ' tide, the snow is near the surface, we've had tons of rain lately (back to normal) and its dumping out there now.
Got a new slip for Willy that has a bigger fairway and am learning to back in. I've done it about 10 times and all efforts succeeded but could be a bit more consistent. Need to nail down the drill*** ...where to put the port helm hard over and when (where) to reverse ect.With no wind it should be consistent assuming that if I operate the boat the same way the boat should do the same thing. Sounds good but one needs to turn theory into practice and or reality.
The only snag I have had w the grid is the keel of the W30. It's not straight. The 1st time on I had one grid beam approx under the center of the boat and one beam under the keel just ahead of the propeller (a safe distance fwd). BUT then I saw that the keel wasn't straight and it was obvious that 90 to 99% of the weight of the boat (8 tons) was resting on one spot right about in the middle of the boat. 15000 lbs on one spot*** ...not good but I've not since determined any damage. Lucky man. Strong boat. Since then then I've tied boards to the grid beams to put the load evenly on 2 spots at least 12' apart. That means I get to get up in the middle of the night, slog around in the pop-weed to tie the boards on at low tide. Getting the boat positioned just before settling on the grid can be frustrating but I've always managed to pull it off.
Before you go to the photo album send us a couple of pics of the Lady on the rocks. You have my permission to scare the wac out of everybody at least once.
Rob*** ....ever heard of Billy T Whitman? I think these guys are pull'in my chain.

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Monday 8th of November 2010 10:44:02 PM

Here Don (born Texan)*and Silvana (born Mediterranean)*. Finally got the boat, insurance and all that good stuff. Quitting job and moving onboard latest 03/01/2011. We started talking about the LA lifestyle in May this year, and made long term plans to make it happen no later than Sep. 2011. Here we are in Nov. 2010 owning a trawler and have a firm plan to be on it by Mar. 2011. We just could not wait. Once we started talking about boat and living on it, that was it. We knew that was no coming back from there. We are water, wind, salty air and star people and we are going where the current takes us.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="MsoNormalTable"><tbody><tr style="height:22.5pt;"><td style="height:22.5pt;background-color:transparent;border:#d4d0c8;padding:0in;"></td><td style="height:22.5pt;background-color:transparent;border:#d4d0c8;padding:0in;"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin:auto auto auto 3.75pt;" class="MsoNormalTable"><tbody><tr><td width="100" style="width:75pt;background-color:transparent;border:#d4d0c8;padding:0in;">
</td><td width="40" style="width:30pt;background-color:transparent;border:#d4d0c8;padding:0in;">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

1974 45' Downeast Trawler built in Nova Scotia
340 hp Turbo Cat 350 hrs (rebuilt and installed by Caterpillar)
4.5' draft
16' beam

-- Edited by SD2022 on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 09:15:08 AM

Attachments

• grace.jpg
    grace.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 485
  • grace pacemakerwhitehouse.jpg
    grace pacemakerwhitehouse.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 493
Start the garage sales now! It took me 5 over 2-3 years to get rid of the "stuff". The last one was the hardest. If you're putting things into storage, do the math for replaceable assets... you often pay more over time to store things like refrigerators, beds, etc. than it would cost you to buy new ones 2-3 years later. Have fun!

Good thing we have the condo that we intend to keep. Fortunately the mtge is not high and we are able to keep it. Right now 19 year old is living there. We'll be paying mtge anyway so if kids (21, 19 and 15) wanna leave rent free and pay for their bills only, that is great. Otherwise, we'll be shutting down everything, lock it and go. We could rent it but we just got thru remodeling it and we don't want it ruined. We rented it for several years and it was a disaster. Tenants don't take care of the stuff and especially if the landlord is not around to check on the place, it is a catastrophe. We'd rather lock it and pay the mtge. We'll keep working, simple jobs on land, computer based work and similar. Don is retired so we just need a push. We'll make it happen no matter what.

I see all my pics of Willy are exterior. Here are some quick interior pics I took on my way to Craig late last summer. I'll delete these when I get some better ones.

Attachments

• sth71154.jpg
    sth71154.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 100
  • sth71156.jpg
    sth71156.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 99
  • sth71157.jpg
    sth71157.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 111
  • sth71158.jpg
    sth71158.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 99
  • sth71159.jpg
    sth71159.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 98
  • sth71160.jpg
    sth71160.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 101
  • sth71164.jpg
    sth71164.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 100
  • sth71165.jpg
    sth71165.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 99
That is an awesome 30 Willard. *The use of natural wood framing white is my favorite. *It keeps the interior light while still retaining the rich texture of wood. *Fantastic color combo that I wished I had seen before I did my new canvas. *I might have switched.

Hey Eric,
*In the 4th pic.**Where did you get that light bulb receptacle for what I presume is a 12 volt light bulb.
I believe that is also*one with a shade in the 6 th pic
I have been looking everywhere for one.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Monday 15th of November 2010 05:16:01 PM

nomadwilly wrote:

I see all my pics of Willy are exterior. Here are some quick interior pics I took on my way to Craig late last summer. I'll delete these when I get some better ones.
That is a proper little ship, Eric.

skipperdude wrote:

In the 4th pic.**Where did you get that light bulb receptacle for what I presume is a 12 volt light bulb.
The marine electric shop we use in Bellingham carries them in frosted and clear.* Our GB uses a few of them.* You might try Fisheries Supply's on-line catalog.

Marin wrote:

skipperdude wrote:

In the 4th pic.**Where did you get that light bulb receptacle for what I presume is a 12 volt light bulb.
The marine electric shop we use in Bellingham carries them in frosted and clear.* Our GB uses a few of them.* You might try Fisheries Supply's on-line catalog.

Fisheries Supplyhttp://www.fisheriessupply.com/department/5087/results.aspx?keywords=&km=&sb=PKO 217DPBULKHEAD LIGHT FIXTURE

Scroll down almost to the bottom with the center scrollbar.

-- Edited by Carey on Monday 15th of November 2010 08:44:09 PM

Found some more of my previous Albin I "yachted up"

Attachments

• 1st pictures 038.jpg
    1st pictures 038.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 89
  • s5000848.jpg
    s5000848.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 82
  • s5000849.jpg
    s5000849.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 89
  • s5000850.jpg
    s5000850.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 101
  • s5000852.jpg
    s5000852.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 94
  • s5000853.jpg
    s5000853.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 93
  • s5000857.jpg
    s5000857.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 100
  • s5000861.jpg
    s5000861.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 101
  • s5000872.jpg
    s5000872.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 95
  • s5000877.jpg
    s5000877.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 90
Daddyo,
I love those Albins. Had a Delux 25 for 6 years in Puget Sound. When I bought the Willy I was shopping for an Albin 27 as well. Found the Willy. Never seen an Albin 27 w a Lehman. Most have the little 6 cyl Nissan. With yours at 10 knots was it easy to see over the bow? I saw your present boat on Yachtworld. Wrong coast or maybe I'd of looked at it.

Moonstruck wrote:

That is a proper little ship, Eric.
Except for the un-made bed in the forward cabin!

Mark (me, nursing a twisted*knee as a result of a mid-Atlantic storm late last week)

I knew sombody'd notice**** ....but how do you make a sleeping bag? Yea I know** ..roll it up? Chris was not w me on that trip* ..may have made a difference. I was cruising along getting bored* ..picked up the camera and shot some pics. Much has been refinished including the aft door as well. The galley stove still has,nt been hooked up though. You will notice I've got painted plywood decks inside the cabin, they need more paint and the're going to stay painted. I'd love to turn that seetee into a small dinette as well. Got several to many projects planned but may just go cruising next year and do some things in port along the way.

markpierce wrote:Except for the un-made bed in the forward cabin!
Oh boy, Eric these guys are tough.* Now. we will have to start making our beds every morning!*
smile.gif

Eric, you are forgiven!

nomadwilly wrote:

...* I'd love to turn that seetee into a small dinette as well. ...
Yeah, I thought you were missing a table.* And stove not connected?* Doesn't sound like you eat much*more than sandwiches aboard.* (I'm not critical, just silly.)*
hungry.gif

-- Edited by markpierce on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 08:28:48 AM

Eric wrote

...* I'd love to turn that seetee into a small dinette as well. ...
Eric, if you do, make sure you can still stretch out on the settee as well.* My wife and I regard that as one of the key features of a good cruiser.* A place for both of us to stretch out to snooze or read,* in the saloon (not salon note - we are not doing our hair), so you don't have to go below to the sleeping cabin to rest during the day.* Easier to keep an eye on what's going on around one as well, and nearer the nibblies and drinks.* And if you want to avoids fights, it's best to have two stretch-out places.* We would not buy a boat that did not have that feature.* Actually, I tend to see a purpose built dinette, where there is only really room to sit upright at it as a waste of space, but that's just me.

Eric,
She was an odd bird 1985 boat but repowered in '87 with the Lehman, don't know why. She would cruise at 13 knots and at that speed she road pretty flat even without trim tabs. Loud as hell with that four banger under your feat but proper insulation would have helped. I might very well find another one and have a go at her again. They're a great poor man's picnic boats.

Weather still iffy - bimini still not finished - these will have to do, for now.

Attachments

• img_0370.jpg
    img_0370.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 105
  • img_0373.jpg
    img_0373.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 87
  • img_0368.jpg
    img_0368.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 97
  • settee etc.jpg
    settee etc.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 105
  • main cabin.jpg
    main cabin.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 101
Peter,
Good to see a "Bronco Bugle" on the table and then the Glasscraft cattledog, that could become a collectors item.
Hangin out to get home and make some progress on the engine swap.

Benn

Peter B wrote:Weather still iffy - bimini still not finished - these will have to do, for now.

Great photos!* Always nice to put "faces" on the contributors to the Forum. Right RT?
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom