New member from St. Augustine, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy8321

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Hannah Bea
Vessel Make
Tiara 4000e
Although we have been off the water for a number of years (we took a sabbatical from boating for 20 years to do "land yachting". Now that we have been about everywhere we could or wanted to go in the US by Motorhome, we are back to boating.

Neither my wife nor I developed much a fishing interest over all the years. I boated and cruised the Chesapeake Bay for about 30 years.

We are redeveloping our sea legs and getting prepared to do some more serious cruising this spring and throughout the year. We would love to find some "cruising buddies" in this area.

Plans call for trips to Charleston, Savannah, south east Florida and possibly the islands this year or no later than next year.

Long range we would like to do the Great Loop as well.

Let's start a dialog here or PM if interested.

Paul

Although we have been off the water for a number of years (we took a sabbatical from boating for 20 years to do "land yachting". Now that we have been about everywhere we could or wanted to go in the US by Motorhome, we are back to boating.

Neither my wife nor I developed much a fishing interest over all the years. I boated and cruised the Chesapeake Bay for about 30 years.

We are redeveloping our sea legs and getting prepared to do some more serious cruising this spring and throughout the year. We would love to find some "cruising buddies" in this area.

Plans call for trips to Charleston, Savannah, south east Florida and possibly the islands this year or no later than next year.

Long range we would like to do the Great Loop as well.

Let's start a dialog here or PM if interested.

Paul

Ziggy welcome do you already have your boat ?

I edited my signature after leaving that message and yes I have my boat.

Welcome, Paul. Tell us a little more about your boat or boating style.

We love St. Augustine, and have a grandson attending Flagler College there. He is into surf fishing.

We are berthed for the time being at Ft. Pierce. Will be cruising up your way in a few months on the way North.

Hi Don and thanks for the welcome.

Our boating style is still evolving. When we cruised in the past we would typically spend 4-5 days a few times a month on our boat(s). We had to still work in those days and couldn't make the really long cruises we anticipated.

If there is a "style" to us, it is traveling, seeing and doing. Or, as the younger folks say, "just chillin". Not into boat partying or heavily into fishing. We do enjoy traveling with other boats for both safety and sociability. Learning is also high on our list.

If you or others reading this would like a place to explore the St Johns River from, we have room for up to a 50-60' boat at our dock and 8' of water. Visitors are welcome with notice. The cove we are located within is 1 mile wide by 1 mile deep and a safe anchorage as well.

Welcome Ziggy, I'm your neighbor. Moved from St Augustine to Orange Park 3 years ago. You'll gt lots of useful information here.

Paul,
WE live in St Johns Country in Fruit Cove. Our survey is next Wednesday and we are planning the Great Loop in a little over a year. WE will be learning our boat in the general area too. St Johns river, Amelia Island and many more close awesome places. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Greetings,
Mr. HTD. Welcome aboard. Ya can't just leave us hangin' like that..." Our survey is next Wednesday..." Survey on??? Whaaaa????? OK, OK. Keep your cards close to your chest and good luck on the survey.
spdr.gif

Last edited:
"Heres The Deal", good luck with the survey, but I too want to know the what/where/when.

Seems like there are a large number of members in this area. I know there is a gaggle of Great Harbors across the river from both of us at Holland Marine in Green Cove Springs.

Where will you be keeping your stealth boat? :)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Give us a shout when you are headed to SC. We won't be headed south this year, going north and doing the NC thing. If in the area, we enjoy moving around with others, sounds like our boating styles are very similar.

Welcome aboard. We are very fond of St. Augustine. We are in Merritt Island off the ICW near the space center. Good luck and enjoy your cruising.

John

Back
Top Bottom