Another (hopefully) new future trawler owner checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People on the Albin Owners Forum have traveled all the way from Maine to Florida to acquire decent 25s. One guy drove from South Carolina to Minnesota to get one.

Guess there's a lotta major dumbasses out there that like those boats. :rolleyes:
This just proves my point of how un readily available these old boats are, so I wouldn't delay in buying one if that is what you truly want.
Buying on the east coast makes sense, but not way across the plains, deserts, and steep mountain ranges to the west coast. That would cost you a fortune in gas, motels, mileage racked up on your tow vehicle, plus trailer repairs. If you want one -here's one sitting on an aluminum trailer in Ft. Pierce only 125 miles south of Daytona. Take I-95 the whole way. Doesn't get any easier than that does it? Heck there's even literally hundreds of trucks for sale locally to tow it home.

These boats receive little use (demand) here in South Florida because the distances are large, the speed limits are such that if you were to use a boat like this you will be waked unmercifully by others (think big boats with huge wakes, plus all the small boats)not willing to broil in the sun going slow. We have to make our own wind most of the time. At dock you need air conditioning. The fact is people make one long slow trip here in slow small boats and they seldom ever use them again. You can find them rotting away at docks at the ends of all the rivers here in Florida. The New River in Ft. Lauderdale is relatively short but packed with dead boats up stream. Same with Miami River, St. Lucie, St. Johns, Suwannee, and dozens
more. This ALL adds up to putting you in the drivers seat as a buyer. You have little to zero competition from other buyers. If I was buying this boat I would show up with a bag of "magic beans" and a truck with every expectation of leaving with it.
There's even literally thousands of relatively fast boats sitting dead behind houses inland mostly with outboard engines not made in Japan. This all adds up to opportunity for people to take them elsewhere where it's cooler and prettier and there's service and parts available.
Just curious, do you have a quick source of parts for your bike like the Harley riders do? A machine that you can't get parts for is soon a decoration not a machine.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I owned a Albin 25 back in 1991. Bought and sold it without ever cranking the engine or leaving the slip. Bought her from the marina for the dockage due.

Last edited:
Also not sure that two examples add up to a "lotta major dumbasses" lol

This just proves my point of how un readily available these old boats are, so I wouldn't delay in buying one if that is what you truly want.

Not so sure I totally agree about these boats being "un readily available". I am currently pursuing leads on THREE right now. Ironically, all are located in the Sunshine State. I have no doubt in my mind that if I buy one of them and pull it home, a nice one will turn up for sale the week after right down the street. But, that's the way that sort of thing always goes.

Just curious, do you have a quick source of parts for your bike like the Harley riders do? A machine that you can't get parts for is soon a decoration not a machine.

I can go to nnfieldgear.com and order almost anything I want, and it'll be on my doorstep in 3-4 days.:thumb: As this one is brand spanking new and still under warranty, I've been buying far more accessories than I have parts as of recent. :D

Attachments

• royalenfield 219.jpg
    royalenfield 219.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 87
  • royalenfield 221.jpg
    royalenfield 221.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 91
michigandon,
My Velocette looked a lot like your RE but a lighter color. Was a 500 Thructston (SP ?).

PK,
I wouldn't truck one from west to east and I can agree fully w you about being waked. The light rounded hull of an A25 behaves badly on big wakes in narrow channels where you have little choice positioning (clocking) your boat to the wakes. However if you can clock your A25 for one wake it will be able to gracefully handle it.

Re a lot of dumb asses sure .. fast boats in this country are far more popular than slow boats and I doubt if it has much or anything to do with smartness or dumbness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom