CPseudonym
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
And why is more not being done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilothouse king View Post
Repairs to the doors cost more than the TVs that crackheads will steal. Let em have em.
I do absolutely nothing to prevent intruders while away from the boat. Doors and hatches are left unlocked intentionally for the reason stated by PK above. I can attest 1st hand the expense a crowbar or screw driver will do to any boat on this forum's hatches, doors or windows. My fathers 5 year old houseboat was securely locked with curtains drawn when burglarized 30 years ago, total value of the damage done to the boat gaining access was 10-15 times the new replacement value of items stolen. It also took nearly three months to have the damage repaired, the items where replaced in less than an hour of shopping.

Insurance will cover any loss incurred above the deductible. My keys are left aboard too, all I ask is if any forum members take my boat out in my absence they at least leave a note on the steering wheel reminding me to restock the fridge and fill the fuel tank before I leave the marina

Intruder prevention while aboard is outside the parameters BandB laid out for this thread.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote