View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Arctic Traveller
Guru

City: Juneau Alaska
Vessel Name: Arctic Traveller
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
RE: Onan MDJE Genset

Hi, had the exact same problem on my Onan.* Factory parts were REALLY expensive, but the original manufacturers part number was still on the solenoid, so I began to research a replacement, but like you was told that it was no longer made.** For most of my adult life, when someone tells me something can't be done, had, made or what ever, I refuse to take no for an answer until I hear it from three independent sources.* On my third try (with the same company, different people though) an upgraded replacement was found.* Exact same mounting dimensions and electrical specs.* I'm not sure what the difference was, but it had a different part number, and screw down terminals instead of push on.* Total price was something like $70 or so as I remember, but it was a year ago.* I'd look up the part number for you, but unfortunately it's 1200 miles away.** So, if Rick Bs idea doesn't pan out, try calling the factory again, and ask how to upgrade your old one to a new part number.* If you don't get anywhere, ask for someone in engineering support.* Don't give up, it's out there..................Arctic Traveller
Arctic Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote