New Official Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barqueiro

Vessel Name
St Jorge
Vessel Make
1986 Ponderosa 47
I'll start off by thanking everyone for their help. After many months of shopping for a trawler I am finally in possession of a 1986 Ponderosa 47 CPMY.
After many hours reading Trawler Forum information (under my real name), (3) deposits, (2) surveys on other yachts, we finally settled for this. Of coarse there are issues and items to fix and change.
I could write a book on my past 4 months but I believe almost everyone has gone through this.
I have many important questions to share................but for now I bow before you! and say "I look forward to great dialogue"

Welcome, Barquiero! The 47 CPMY is a lot of boat. I bet you're excited to get her just the way you want her for some delta cruising. In which marina are you berthed? I used to keep my boat at Riverboat Marina near Isleton/Lodi, but have moved east since then to Vallejo. Will return to the Delta to enjoy the warm, fresh waters. Love the summers there.

Check out our SF Bay and CA Delta Social Group to meet the fellow NorCal boaters.

Congrats on your new boat!

I'm at River Point in Stockton for the month of January then to Willow Berm in February where I like the central Delta location

IMO, Willow Berm is the nicest marina in the Delta! Great location and nice people running it. It's currently for sale by the Korth family following Kip Korth's passing.

The main reason for my choosing Willow Berm is the harbor master "Vickie".
It turns out her family and mine are from the same small Island in the Portuguese Azores as my family (Flores). I now call her "Cousin Vickie". I still have a ton of questions for everyone. The one one question I'll share is:
I 'm the kind of person who needs to know every nut and bolt, pump and valve and what it does. I am making notes on every thing. I'm I just crazy?
or do others go through this discovery?

Welcome to the forum. I never did get my "official member" status, that I know of. 47 CPMY, lotta boat indeed!

Welcome to the forum. I never did get my "official member" status, that I know of.

The jury's still out on your papers. We'll get back to you.

It turns out her family and mine are from the same small Island in the Portuguese Azores as my family (Flores). I now call her "Cousin Vickie". I still have a ton of questions for everyone. The one one question I'll share is:
I 'm the kind of person who needs to know every nut and bolt, pump and valve and what it does. I am making notes on every thing. I'm I just crazy?
or do others go through this discovery?

I've heard so many great things about Vickie! She's always so pleasant and helpful on the phone. I look forward to meeting her someday soon.

I went through a steep learning curve when I bought my boat. A camera phone can help documenting things and a manual can provide the needed information but there's no substitute for hands on experience. Lots of folks here who can help with questions. For the promise of a free beer, some of us might even show up at your dock to help.

Your love it at WB and Vickie is the heartbeat of that place. We'd be there too if they had a covered berth for our boat but they start at 36' and that's just too much empty space I'd feel compelled to fill. Send me a PM and we can meet up sometime.

... I used to keep my boat at Riverboat Marina near Isleton/Lodi, but have moved east since then to Vallejo. Will return to the Delta to enjoy the warm, fresh waters. Love the summers there.

I thought Vallejo was west of the Delta! Sorry, Al. You are following my footsteps of senior moments.

I selfishly wish you'd remain headquartered in Vallejo.

Oh ya, thanks. I meant WEST! It's been a couple of weeks since I looked at a compass. Getting a little rusty.

Welcome aboard and lets see some pictures

Welcome aboard. I suffer from the same obsessive need to know all about my boat. Hence, I've been at the dock since I brought her to River Point. I replaced the toilets, rebuilt several components, worked on the engines, re-routed wiring and plumbing and generally enjoyed the hell out of the boat while getting to know her. But I really, really want to get on the delta!

Gumbo

Steve
Every time I'm in New Orleans I have my favorite turtle gumbo. Next is
Felix Oster Bar. Your living in my favorite spot in the world!

Turtle Soup and Oysters are hard to beat. If you haven't had the Charbroiled oysters at Drago's give them a try, good raw ones there too!

I'm brand new here too! I am so blown away at the beautiful yachts you folks own!! This is by far the best site I have found for us " power boaters"! Nice bunch of folks you have here!

Qelcome aboard, here you'll find a lit of friends

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Back
Top Bottom