Use of saloon roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peggie,Makes the boat look smaller
Peter B,
How stubborn of you.
Keith,
I'm stick'in w my older Chapman's books. They are full sized too.
Walt,
Feel free to edit and otherwise through your values around. ha ha

HeadMistress wrote:

*To which Isay... Ohhhhh PHHHFFFFBBBTTT!
Could you say that one more time I didn't get it.

SD

skipperdude wrote:HeadMistress wrote:To which Isay... Ohhhhh PHHHFFFFBBBTTT!
Could you say that one more time I didn't get it.

SD
Yeah, you wouldn't want to come out with that one with false teeth, eh?* Theyd be in the drink.

Oh puleeeeze gentlemen!

I'm sure you're all familiar with Lauren Bacall's famous line, "You do know how to whistle...just put your lips together and blow!" Well, all you have to do to pronounce PHHHFFFFBBBTTT! is stick your tongue between your lips and THEN blow. If you've done it correctly, this should make a very rude sound that you'll notice I've actually spelled correctly. And, done correctly, it shouldn't imperil anyone's bridgework.

It used to be known as a "Bronx cheer"...I can forgive an Aussie for not knowing that...and MAYBE a Canadian...but sheesh! You'd think that SOMEBODY else in this gaggle of of aging--and also already aged--geese would have known how to pronounce it once they'd seen it writing, even if they didn't know how to spell it.

No Peggy, I'm quite familiar with the Bronx Cheer, know exactly how it sounds, it's not unique to Yankieland, and I have witnessed a set of falsies hitting the deck when an edentureless person was demonstrating it - didn't get it quite right, I suspect. Hilarious entertainment tho.

Peter B wrote:

*I have witnessed a set of falsies hitting the deck - didn't get it quite right, I suspect. Hilarious entertainment tho.
You are talking teeth here are you not?

Yup - teeth - I kid you not.

PS. As she is long gone, rest her soul, I can reveal it was my own mother.* She had dentures from her 20s - sad that.

PPS. They also had a way of sort of dropping/coming down, like the visor on a knight's helmet, when she really yawned.* It was a real motivator for me to always brush and floss, and use fluoride, I tell you.* Still gottem all.....

-- Edited by Peter B on Thursday 28th of October 2010 06:42:19 AM

-- Edited by Peter B on Thursday 28th of October 2010 06:45:37 AM

From a nautical point of view it is -

Saloon

She

Allan

superdiver wrote:Of course that has nothing to do with the topic.
That's ok...Nothing else that's been said in at least the last three pages does either!
biggrin.gif

HeadMistress wrote:

Mark said, "I agree with the builder that the saloon roof isn't a good place to*be while underway since the railing is only about knee/lower-thigh*high."

To which I asked if there's any reason why you have to accept knee high railings?*
People belong on the main deck or in the boat's interior.* The boat's main deck, circling the boat's circumference,*is surrounded by bulwark and railing sufficiently high to make it difficult to fall overboard.* And like Nomadwilly, I believe*high railings on the saloon roof wouldn't be esthetically pleasing.*

To which I asked if there's any reason why you have to accept knee high railings?

Usually the deck mounting socket is too weakly attached to the boat to have 42 inch life lines.

Strong is EZ on tin boats but harder on production cookies.

FF wrote:

To which I asked if there's any reason why you have to accept knee high railings?
No, I don't have to accept the low saloon-roof railings.* But I want them.* They should be good to keep*one from rolling off when sunbathing or whatever, in a peaceful anchorage.

Or a video camera... *

One edit... sorry I didn't notice the thread was 5 pages long!

Dave

-- Edited by magicbus on Monday 15th of November 2010 08:58:17 AM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom