New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGA

Vessel Name
OTIUM
Vessel Make
C&L 45 Pilothouse
Hi,
My name is Janne. Me and my wife Annika recently bought a C&L 45 Pilothouse Trawler 1980. I work with marine electronics. As this is our first Trawler I Googled around and ended up here. Hope to find lots of useful information about Trawlers from you guys;-) We're located in Stockholm Sweden.

Welcome to the forum!

I just recently got here myself but i've found it to be a good place so far. Hope your experience is the same.

Welcome. You will find many opportunities to share your electronics expertise.

How could I!!! Here it is.:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 141
Very nice boat and welcome aboard! I find that following posts about almost any subject gives me information I didn't have and options I didn't know or consider. There is a lot to learn here, even if you have experience!

Welcome aboard. Yes you will find lots of useful information and lots of opinion sometimes conflicting. No free lunch ,you will have to do a little work to sort through it to come up with what's best for you.

Wow....that's a very impressive looking vessel. Welcome aboard, and congrats.

Welcome Janne and Annika. That's a really great looking boat, and an interesting cruising area you have. Please share pictures of it all.

Yes, welcome aboard the board. That is one very nice boat. In our climate I'd want 4' more in the cockpit maybe, but overall, that is the best layout in my view. Pilothouse, (no superfluous flybridge - not needed - personal view), roomy saloon, rear cockpit and really nice proportions. :thumb:

Welcome Janne and Annika.

Great looking boat add more pics when you have a chance

with you working in Marine electronics I am sure you have a great deal to offer here also

Welcome, you have a beautiful boat, enjoy her!
My previous boat, SPIRIT a Camano 31, pictured below was bought and shipped to Varberg, Sweden in 2008 by a friend who lives there. Maybe you will see Spirit & Capt. Ivan on the water one day, though I believe Varberg is a long way from Stockholm.

Pictured in Louisiana and in Sweden on trailer ready to be "winterized"

Attachments

• Anchored on the Natalbany R..jpg
    Anchored on the Natalbany R..jpg
    142 KB · Views: 107
  • Spirit in sweden.jpg
    Spirit in sweden.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 98
Thanks for the attention! Otium is currently winterized and tucked away on the slipway. We haven't had the opportunity to enjoy her on the water yet as we bought her on land, and we do have a looong winter here:-(. She's in good shape for a 35 year old lady though. As with most boats with a few years there are plenty of work to be done but nothing critical. First thing while up is to replace all brass thru hull fittings with bronze fittings. Then we'll just use it and find out what needs to be done. Some more pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_2854.JPG
    IMG_2854.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2871.JPG
    IMG_2871.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2882.JPG
    IMG_2882.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 109
Welcome ! Nice boat

Ok, my mistake, it does have a minimal flybridge, which I mistook for a dry exhaust false stack in the 1st photo. I guess for fair weather sailing and some manoeuvring it comes in handy, but I doubt you'll drive from up there often. Not with beautiful wheelhouse like that. If I had it here in Oz. I'd be tempted to clear the top and install lots of solar panels and have no generator, but in your latitude that might not be the way to go.
Either way she looks very nice, and probably ideal for your cruising grounds.

Welcome aboard

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Back
Top Bottom