View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #45
TONTOROSS

City: Portland, OR
Vessel Name: Cool Water
Vessel Model: C&L Puget Trawler
We like the Europa style. The covered side deck are great to have. Aft deck is smaller than I would like to have, however, more than adequate for our needs. We have docked from both upper & lower helms. More frm the upper than the lower. In a strong current, here on the Columbia, docking is an event to say the least. We are working on the tactics. Admiral handles the lines. What I really don't like about the docking frm the upper helm is, I can not see her ALL the time. Which, to me, is a safety issue. After reading this thread, I'm going to start docking frm the lower helm.

We have a large salon, which is great. Our girl is a '78 vintage. Solid as a rock. We paid fair money for her, so we are ahead so far. New upgrades are part of the older boat thing, I guess.

As to cruising speed, at most she will only do 10 knots @ 2500 rpm. 8 knots @ 1900 rpm. I have no idea what the fuel consumption is at this point.

Older Europa boats look classy! You gotta have some style! Look at the Taiwan boats. They maybe in your price range.

Good hunting.
TONTOROSS is offline   Reply With Quote