May Be Changing My Avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Budds Outlet

We made an offer on a new to us trawler today and if the deal comes together we will be boat owners again with a new avatar.

Its been no fun since I ran aground:cry:

Hey Dan, congratulations on the new boat. I can't wait to see the pics!

Go Seahawks!

Hi Mike,
I know this is just blatant thread theft but this past weekend I hit the grand slam on sports. My grandsons' high school basketball team won both their games, my alma mater won both its basketball and its football games, and to cap it off the Seahawks beat the Eagles!

If the deal goes through on the boat we will be shopping for dodads at the Seattle Boat Show so we are hoping that you and Tina can make the show.

Wow

Congrats looking forward to seeing pictures

Waa Hoo, sea trial on Saturday!

I'm seeing a new Avatar for Budds Outlet.
Now for the next question, what to rename her?

We made an offer on a new to us trawler today and if the deal comes together we will be boat owners again with a new avatar.

Its been no fun since I ran aground:cry:

Fantastic news!! What kind of anchor?

And we hope it has a chain rode! Hope it trials well and you can change your avatar. Fingers crossed.

If the deal goes through on the boat we will be shopping for dodads at the Seattle Boat Show so we are hoping that you and Tina can make the show.
Sorry. Not going to happen this year. We'll be down in AZ getting ready for the Superbowl. I go down in mid January, Tina follows a week later. I'm going to get some kitchen remodeling down while I'm down there alone.

Then it's time to go boating!

Budd,
Yes I recomend it. Chose the new one carefully though. I think using the same avatar over time helps communicate who you are. Like recognizing somebody on the street. The only thing visual about you that I'm privy to is your avatar. Other TF members recognize you by your avatar. I personally would prefer that we all switch our avatars from boats to ourselves and every month switch back to boats. Odd numbered months for boats and even for mug shots. I'd rather see a picture of the TF member and the text in the usual place for declaring what boat you have. would be even better to be able to click on a profile page that had pics of the person, boat, home port, town or city where they lived.
However I think we're sorta stuck w the mechanics of the computer program that we have.

Last edited:
Wanna know what I look like? Click my VIEW PUBLIC PROFILE link, but you might regret it!

Wanna know what I look like? Click my VIEW PUBLIC PROFILE link, but you might regret it!

Why go to all that trouble?

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1418274057.124545.jpg

And here is Al in costume(kinda) outside after the annual Trawler Forum staff Christmas party.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1418274183.252717.jpg

Fantastic news!! What kind of anchor?

I think after he gets his new boat we start a thread to pick his anchor

the only problem is it may take a few years and tears

I don't know the make of the current anchor. Its listed as a Danforth but it looks like a light weight plough. The anchor rode is 220' of chain backed by 150' of nylon. It has a power up windlass with remote bridge control.

I'll take a picture of the anchor and we can play "name that anchor".

Great news Dan. Celebrations maybe in order! And a renaming party!!

Back
Top Bottom