Another newbie from south LA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ragin cajun

Vessel Name
presently boatless
Purchased my first trawler this year. Been offshore fishing most of my life but decided to slow down and see the sights along our Gulf coast. Boat moored in South Shore marina in N.O. Been busy with many refurbishing jobs but seeing the light at the end of these projects. Been real fun so far except for the prices of anything with marine attached to it! West Marine knows me on a first name basis! Looking forward to excursions heading east this year. BTW, GREAT forum you guys have here.

Welcome from another newbie who now for some reason is not a newbie anymore, enjoy the trawler forum, some very enlightening conversations going on and at this rate we have a Pontchartrain Cruisers group in no time at all.

Dick :lol:

Last edited:
Hey Dutchman, that cruisers group could be a really fun deal! I'll provide the crawfish for a boil the first bonne temps get together!

Yeah, we could have 'Poker Crawls', let's see who else wants on board

Welcome from Thibodaux, the boat lives in Houma. We have a cruisers group we'll be getting together in January for boat talk and lunch. If ether of you or others are interested Private message me and I'll send details

I'm in for both groups!!

Welcome to the forum.
Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel? That's great. When West Marine gets to know you on a first name basis, its time to move on. LOL.
You will definitely enjoy the Gulf Coast - nice beaches and great barrier islands. Most of the time, you will have those islands to yourself, except of course, summer on Ship Island
Do you have a dinghy?. Once you see Ship Island and Horn Island, you will want one.
Anyway, glad you joined. Lots of great folks here.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a dinghy?. Once you see Ship Island and Horn Island, you will want one.
Anyway, glad you joined. Lots of great folks here.

Just bought a new dinghy with a 15hp 2 stroke evinrude I reconditioned. Love to get in dinghy and explore some. Been reading the anchoring threads; scary stuff some people go through. I have yet to drag but gonna let out twice the amount of rode next time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom