Recommend Central East Florida Marinas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoggyDollar

Vessel Name
Almost Heaven
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 44
OK folks before I ask my next question I have to say that the membership of this forum is amazing and I want to say thanks to all.

When I was looking for model/manufacturer advice while shopping, locating a reputable surveyor/mechanic or looking for advice in obtaining insurance covering my specific requirements ......... your membership steps up with valuable advice every time. THANKS

Now for my next question.

I have made an offer (accepted pending survey) on a 44 Tollycraft in Ft Lauderdale and am traveling down next week to attend. Assuming all goes well the Tolly will need a home for the next 5 months or so until she heads to her new home in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Marinas in Broward county are priced well above the average I am accustomed to (and offer more amenities than I require). I am thinking Brevard or Volusia county might be more to my liking. I am more impressed by friendly neighbors than dockside restaurants and bars. Safe, friendly, good value and "organized" would be my keywords!

Any suggestions?

Again THANKS in advance.

Burt

My recommendation, since you will be headed north, is Cocoa Village Marina in Cocoa, FL (not Cocoa Beach). It's right on the ICW so no deviation is needed. It is a "dockominium" style marina with no fuel or haulouts. You can work on your boat or bring trades people in to work on it. There are a number of liveaboards there and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The town is just across the street with a number of restaurants and shops. Bus service in the area is excellent so you don't really need a car.

MikeF

Titusville has a nice group of boaters and town is close. Don't get much farther north as it can get cold. Oops I just remembered where you are from! It is cold to us southerners, you would be fine up to Daytona!

Join active captain (for free) and you can find information on every marina in your chosen location.

If you are looking for low cost, consider coming north on the ICW and then south on the St. Johns River.

Fort Pierce marinas have pretty reasonable prices. The City Marina will let you bring in contractors for work, as long as they can provide an insurance certificate. Cracker Boys Boat Yard is great. They will let you do your own work or bring in contractors. Great marine salvage place just up the road.

To live, Harbortown at both Merritt Is and more so Fort Pierce. Fort pierce is full with a long waiting list. One of the best hurricane holes though is Banana River Marina at Merritt Island. Poor boy working Marina and around $8 a foot, no deposit. I was there about a year, never heard of anything being taken though no amenities.
For high rolling $13 a foot there is loggerhead Vero, Vero municipal is cute and quaint. Downtown Fort Pierce Municipal with lots of life-activities in walking distance all the time. With Fort Pierce parking might be an issue, especially with 100 more slips opening up. You got lots to choose from, have fun. Yeah, go North of Stuart.

Last edited:
Speaking of Ft Pierce, how are the new docks coming along?

The north dock is about ready. fingers and pedestals were installed.

A week or so ago the main floating dock nearest the fuel depot is extended but no fingers. The main floating dock by the Tiki Bar is extended but no fingers. The south dock was not started. The dinghy dock for the Tiki Bar is nearly finished.

I cked them out yesterday Don. Looks to me they have a way to go. You have local knowledge, you have an et of completetion?

I cked them out yesterday Don. Looks to me they have a way to go. You have local knowledge, you have an et of completetion?

I think they are supposed to be completed in January. Looks like part of them will be ready by the end of Jan. They brought them all down from Jacksonville by barge.

I have been watching how the current runs through. Most of the current seems to be going to the outside, but there is still current around the docks.

Titusville has a nice group of boaters and town is close. Don't get much farther north as it can get cold. Oops I just remembered where you are from! It is cold to us southerners, you would be fine up to Daytona!

You referring to the Municipal Marina?

In the Barge Canal, which runs between the Banana River and the Indian River. Look for Harbortown Marina. Full service facility, haul out fuel. Clean equipped with a pool and restaurant. No live aboard fee. Very secure location.

In the Barge Canal, which runs between the Banana River and the Indian River. Look for Harbortown Marina. Full service facility, haul out fuel. Clean equipped with a pool and restaurant. No live aboard fee. Very secure location.

Their grouper sandwich is great.

Hi Guys - Settled into Titusville until our trip north starts in May. Clean, friendly, reasonably priced and close to the Orlando airport for my Karens commute to work each month. Thanks to all for the input and Tingum for the tip!

...No live aboard fee...

Are live aboard fees common? If so, how much do they run? Sorry for the hijack and/or dumb n00b question.

Are live aboard fees common? If so, how much do they run? Sorry for the hijack and/or dumb n00b question.

Ortega Landing Marina, JAX, live-aboard rates are an additional $3.35/ft/month plus metered power. That includes all taxes and 2 pump outs/month at the slip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom