Embroidery thread recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pura Vida

Vessel Name
Pura Vida
Vessel Make
08 Meridian 490 Pilothouse
I am going to have the boat name embroidered on my new Sunbrella grill cover. I wanted to use Sunbrella embroidery thread to extend or match the life of the cover. The Sunbrella embroidery thread color options are limited, any recommendations of a good embroidery thread that will hold up in the sun and weather?

Also you must make sure the embroidery machine will sew the design. I have a Toyota 15 needle commercial machine and IT DOES NOT SEW WELL WITH EVERY THREAD,

I embroidered our logo on our leather seats when I upholstered them. Used Isacord Polyester thread. So far, so good! ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1416801026.860985.jpg

Thanks for the advice; it appears that Polyester thread has a lot of color options. Because I have observed boat seats where the embroidery has faded before the fabric I wanted advice on threads that last in the marine environment.

I am convinced that this is the best boat forum on the planet. There is even a thread about thread.

I had all my exterior canvas sewn with Gortex thread. Not cheap, but definitely cheaper that restitching every few years.

I am convinced that this is the best boat forum on the planet. There is even a thread about thread.

Agree and your funny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom