View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #46
River Cruiser
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
Born and have lived all my life in Kansas. Always attracted to water, loved to swim and fish since I was a kid. Parents vacationed in the ozarks and I and my brothers spent most daylight hours in the water. Back home my brothers and I spent our summer vacations in the local creeks and ponds. We were always in the water because no one we knew had a boat, over the years since I got out of high school I've had several boats. All were small jon boats, canoes and fishing boats with trolling motors, 1st boat over 14' was a 22' Starcraft day cruiser with a 120 hp Merc io. We used it at lake of the ozarks and lake Perry a corp lake near home. Home is on a lake and the kids did pretty much what I and my brothers did, they spent a lot of their time in the lake or one of the boats fishing, catching crawdads and turtles. After the Starcraft I decided we needed a boat we could leave in a slip at Perry, the main thing my wife disliked about boats was the launch and retrieval process. So I started shopping for a small cruiser, at this time I knew very little about boats or the systems on a cruiser, I just knew I wanted something we could spend a weekend on. After looking at several cuddy style I looked at 2455 Bayliner express cruiser and immediately liked it, when I took my wife to look at it while sitting in the cabin talking about it after going over it she said that she knew we were going to own that boat by the look in my eyes. That was in 2000, in 2010 we bought the 3870 Bayliner on the Mississippi River, between the 24 and the 38 was a 3270 Bayliner which was a really great boat it had spent its life on lakes Oz and Perry. After deciding not to move the 38 to Perry I now live on it 8 to 9 months of the year on the Mississippi which makes me a RiverRat.