Yanmar fuel consumption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trichamp

What should be the actual fuel consumption of a Yanmar 4LHDTE turbocharged engine @ 2200 RPM per hour. Engine has 770 hours.

Post the following: Hp rating, boat type, size, weight, number of engines, boat speed at 2200, boat speed and rpm at full power.

With that I can run a quickie prop demand curve calc.

I have a 4LHA-HTP160 (turbo) in my single engine 24,000 pound trawler with the ZF Marine 63A 2.5 reduction transmission.

95% of my 713 hours of cruising since new has been at 2,000 RPM. Fuel usage calculated by gallons replaced to full tanks.

Fuel burned - 1,252.7 gallons in 713 hours = 1.76 GPH**

5% of cruising at 2,600 RPM (Max torque) to reduce effects of under-loading.

** Includes fuel used to run Northern Lights 5KW gen-set for 230 hours and Hurricane 25,000 BTU heater for 360 hours.

Hope this is helpful.

SteveH

What should be the actual fuel consumption of a Yanmar 4LHDTE turbocharged engine @ 2200 RPM per hour. Engine has 770 hours.
Sky will get you a ball park answer if you give him good information asked for. The rpm means little without knowing the loading factors. Just think how much fuel is burnt with engine in neutral and 2200 rpm? Answer very little because their is little if any load. Factors such as boat weight and measurements type of hull prop etc come into play better yet calc. load and other instrument readings. All this can be related to prop load cures or engine manufactures power curves. If you join boatdiesel site you can use their calculators and get ball park burn levels at different rpms based on information you plug into the calculator.

Back
Top Bottom