• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Bristol Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Northern Spy
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 26
Early 80's Dickinson Bristol stove with 3" stove pipe and weather head. Has fan kit. Try $300?

Attachments

• IMG_20130919_160416.jpg
    IMG_20130919_160416.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 355
Today, that looks pretty good! We are supposed to go to -11 tonight in Pender Harbour. You're probably the same? Maybe you should hook it up and put it on your porch? I would love it if I had the room, maybe it might fit in my stateroom...

I'm in Northern Alberta currently. -30's all week. Windchill in the -40's. Hope this isn't a precursor to the really cold months...

I'm in Northern Alberta currently. -30's all week. Windchill in the -40's. Hope this isn't a precursor to the really cold months...

It warmed up a bit, it was -32 earlier lol

Attachments

• 2013-12-06 22.07.34.jpg
    2013-12-06 22.07.34.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 190
Gotta be tough to live here lol

Attachments

• Last bit of ice.jpg
    Last bit of ice.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 314
Someone (lil) asked if I still have this for sale. The answer is yes, I put it in my shed and forgot about it, so it is still for sale.

Sure wish I had room for it in my boat. Now that we're down south we plan on quite a bit of winter cruising. Just got my Wabasto rebuilt cleaned out or whatever they do but when it's freezing the Wabasto dosn't make things toasty. At 40 degrees it does though. After talking to the Wabasto guys I'm going to get a day tank and burn kerosene.
I have a smaller wall mount stove but don't have room for that either.
I like the stoves like your Bristol. Light'em up and just use windows and doors as a thermostat.

Last edited:
I had a Bristol in my old 37' Seabird Ketch. When I moved to the dark side, Cause I liked the Bristol so much, I retrofitted a diesel stove to Retreat.

Unfortunately, not a lot of folks have had the experience of a good diesel stove, so get turned away by its often dirty appearance. When selling the Seabird, the broker reported lots of otherwise interested people being turned away by the stove, so I pulled it out and sold it. I had a spare 4 burner propane stove from the conversion of Retreat, so with that installed, the Seabird sold quickly.
I don't think there is anything wrong with your price. You just need to find that enlightened buyer who wants to go with a diesel stove.

Wish I had a reason to buy it Spy. I keep looking at it and just may because of its cool factor. Somebody help me save garage space and buy it off the man already.

I thought about using it to heat the greenhouse this winter. But I don't think my wife will go for it...

Dickinson

Hey Spy,

I am very interested. I have been looking for heater for some time. I have been living on my sailboat for the last 5 years and have been getting tired of being cold every winter. This would make the boat much more bearable in the winter than my old woodstove! I'll give you a shout soon.

Lil

Attachments

• tmp_P_20140606_125259_0061171817520.jpg
    tmp_P_20140606_125259_0061171817520.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 137
Cool. Never thought about putting ads in Lund or Saltery...

I PM'd you my contact info. See you soon!

>After talking to the Wabasto guys I'm going to get a day tank and burn kerosene.<

This will make it easier to light off , but will not cause more heat in the cabin.

Same for Espar , kero is great if the unit has a thermostat and cycles.

In out trawler we have both gymboled range and a Dickinson.

The Dickinson is a work space in warm areas , a God send when it gets cool.

Heat for MONTHS with no electric is fantastic.

Maint (on crap house fuel) is 5min a month.

FF,
Yes the Basto has a thermostat.
I'm switching to kerosene for it's clean burning nature.
The thought never entered my mind that kero would produce less heat. If so I'll bet it's a very small difference. If the heat from kero is much less I may want to reconsider and keep burning diesel. My Basto is very small and my boat insulation is zip.

Now that I'm not in Alaska taking the unit to Sure Marine for cleaning is quite easy to do, inexpensive and there's so much to do and see in Seattle. Fun.

Is this still for sale? What would be approximate shipping to 08087 Tuckerton, NJ?
I imagine by the time you got done crating the unit it might not be worth it overall.
Sure looks like it would be a perfect fit for my Gulfstar.
Bill
b.lentz@certifiedrf.com

Is this still for sale? What would be approximate shipping to 08087 Tuckerton, NJ?
I imagine by the time you got done crating the unit it might not be worth it overall.
Sure looks like it would be a perfect fit for my Gulfstar.
Bill
b.lentz@certifiedrf.com

Yup still in my carport. When I get home later this week I'll measure and weigh.

You never know, you might get a heck of a deal.

Anything yet? Let me know....
Depending on if a lift gate is needed or not I can arrange for a commercial shipping company to pick up the unit.
Thanks,
Bill
b.lentz@certifiedrf.com

Depending on if a lift gate is needed or not I can arrange for a commercial shipping company to pick up the unit.
Thanks,
Bill

As a guess a Bristol about 75 lbs, box it and UPS might transport it.

:eek: UPS cheapest estimate was over $300 to Tuckerton.

Northern Spy it's a great deal but another member close to you has expressed interest. I have to pass on this great deal.
Bill

Still wondering when you might decide to make contact with me.

Soon?

Actually I haven't even had the opportunity to go to the island at all since the offer, which is kind of unusual as I'm usually in Victoria a few times a year. I still have it in my carport and you still have dibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom