SS Fuel Manifold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dixie Life

Vessel Name
Aku Uka
Vessel Make
43’ DeFever
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a SS tube fuel distribution manifold? I've seen them in a lot of boats, but I can't find who sells them. If I connect the engine, genny, two tanks, etc., I'll need a six port with 3/8 fittings.

Last edited:
Someone ran a thread awhile ago that described the one they found in Home Depot...the pile on also listed manifolds from different sources....

I think it was for a natural gas manifold.

FIPT means Female Iron Pipe Thread. Which is the same thread as NPT or National Pipe Thread as I recall.

Wouldn't be that difficult to make if you had a drill press and some taps.

Thx, I also just found a reference that confirms that the Home-Flex manifold ports are NPT - so they should be easy fit into a fuel system - order on the way....

It might be appropriate to tip the cashier, since you obviously aren't paying enough boat bucks buying parts at Home Depot... :thumb:

Except you'd probably spend 10 times the cost of the Home Depot manifold in parts and supplies to make one even if you have a drill press. :D

I own a Fab shop and sometimes it's cheaper to buy it.

Home-Depot manifolds are much cheaper than any other available manifold that I looked at. EMI or Smartflow for example, they go for +100 $ a piece....

You couldn't buy the fittings for the cost of that manifold from Home Depot. Likewise, drilling and tapping your own block, like the other manifold pictured would probably be more frustrating than the reasonable price for that manifold.

Stainless is great material to machine and weld, but can be frustrating when dealing with threads or threading. It's incredibly easy material to have threads gall on you, so you have to be careful assembling threaded parts.

Conall

Unless one must have a SS mfld it is not necessary to have a ss mfld. There are many alum mfld which are cheaper and will do as good a job.

However as pointed out they will still cost more than that HD unit.

DHIGGINS,

if you need a 6 post now then get an 8 port and plug the extra outlets for future use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom