First timer from Miami.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricram

Vessel Name
Los Bonvivants
Vessel Make
Defever 41
I've been lurking for a year or so. Got hooked while chartering a couple of GB's last year. Was fortunate enough to find a loved Defever 41 which I've owned since last May. Now I'm slowly crawling everywhere, finding spaces and things I can't always identify, trying to understand as much of this machine as I'm capable of. There are so many systems and sub-systems that the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. This is my first real boat. It's cool.

So far use has been limited to several 3-4 day trips and a few overnights. I'm having great fun and look forward to more extended trips. Unlike many of you, I still go to work everyday so things happen slowly around my boat, but that suites me just fine.

I'm having some crazy thoughts about A/C so I'm jumping over to that area to ask my first dumb question. Be merciful.

I'm in Ft Lauderdale, know those boats well. I used to keep my boat on a canal in Miami Shores just North of 79th St. spoil islands and Shuckers all just a mile away for those quick outings.

Good Luck :thumb:

Welcome. Defever's are a well respected boat, for good reasons.

Welcome

Welcome Aboard!! Another Miamian! Stop by my store and I'll get the guys to make you a really good Cuban coffee.

Where do you keep your boat?

I'm at Sea Isle off the Venetian causeway. Super convenient but a bit of a handful with the currents and my single. One of the first things we did was replace the worn bow thruster motor with a new larger one, much better but still...

Ex Key Biscayner here, and glad to be in Longboat Key (Sarasota) now. Miami is too much party for us, but outside of the crowds at the sandbars and Diner Key, it's great cruising. My lady and I were hitched on the boat right there in Stiltsville. Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your boat choice to begin your cruising life.

welcome

Welcome

From the other coast of Florida

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom