The one Gadget or Piece of Equipment you would add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More a case of one son and family in UK already. Other son thinking of also going there. Need to travel. Retiring, travel, and boating do not all compute. Not on my budget anyway.

Just curious, what's in the UK that's not in Australia? higher paying Jobs?

More a case of one son and family in UK already. Other son thinking of also going there. Need to travel. Retiring, travel, and boating do not all compute. Not on my budget anyway.

Hey Peter

I see your angst on what pleasure to keep or start or stop. Wishing you best luck. I drove 100 mi to be aboard boat with 14 yr. grandson this weekend... doing some chores and having some fun! It is a wonder to watch young ones eyes for love of the water. I can only recommend for you to make careful decision before selling a boat you've grown attached to. Of course, there can always be another one in your future... but, will it be worth time/money to bring the next one up to snuff? Maybe yes, Maybe no??

Happy Life Daze! - Art :D

Last edited:

Actually I admire the fact you're looking at all the choices of your retirement and deciding what is most important for you in life today. There is a time we would have taken boating over family. But we've developed a family, just somehow made one although no blood relations involved. And today if it was boat or family the boat would be gone. Hopefully you can find some way to still enjoy boating, whether friends or occasional charter. Maybe Dauntless or someone else will be looking for someone to join them and you'll be able to occasionally.

Actually I admire the fact you're looking at all the choices of your retirement and deciding what is most important for you in life today. There is a time we would have taken boating over family. But we've developed a family, just somehow made one although no blood relations involved. And today if it was boat or family the boat would be gone. Hopefully you can find some way to still enjoy boating, whether friends or occasional charter. Maybe Dauntless or someone else will be looking for someone to join them and you'll be able to occasionally.

It certainly would be great to have a good boat hand as well as a medical doctor on board!! Peter can ride my boat anytime. He could even handle the Sarca:D.

Last edited:
It certainly would be great to have a good boat hand as well as a medical doctor on board!! Peter can ride my boat anytime. He could even handle the Sarca:D.

Don - You do know the angles! :D :hide: :speed boat:

Or maybe a very expensive high maintenance compass???

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 70
Okay....sorry....I will stop!!!

Pete will bring his own Sarca, he wouldn't sell the Sarca too,surely not, Pete, Pete say it ain't true! :eek:

Seriously though, know how you feel, I've just managed to get two of my boys home after four years in Canada, only to lose the youngest to Spain for a couple of years, she has told me I had better brush up on my Spanish.

It's amazing that the Gen Y's seem to have become far more geographically mobile than their Gen X counterparts, leaving us greying baby boomers in their wake.A great time to be young.

I want a person who will wash the boat, cook meals, take a shift at the helm, and otherwise lives a drawer. I haven't found him/her yet.

I want a person who will wash the boat, cook meals, take a shift at the helm, and otherwise lives a drawer. I haven't found him/her yet.

Ditto

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom