New Member - Trawler Catamaran

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SAILKANE

Vessel Name
Mahalo
Vessel Make
PDQ 34
I have been a longtime reader of this fine website!
Finally closed on our boat a PDQ 34 Built in 2005.

The broker was Beth Simkins at Rhumbline Yacht Sales. They specialize in PDQ, Antaries and Camano. Service was the best...World Class!

The Surveyor was Ed Rowe from Vero Beach. end was excellent. His survey was extensive and his knowledge of these boats was a great asset!

Highly recommend both of these establishments.

Welcome! We took the plunge last year and have really enjoyed our PDQ. Will you be picking it up in Stuart? We will be starting the loop next fall and on to New York summer '16, maybe we can cross paths.

Congratulations,

Rafe

We will be keeping it in Palm City florida for the winter. On to the Bahamas starting May 2015. Then back to Long Island NY.

Hope to cross paths.

SailKane: Sincere congrats on your selection of a PDQ 34. I think the boat may be the most efficient and practical cruising production boat on the water. I'd probably have one myself if this old frame wasn't so big and stiff. Rumbline probably knows more about PDQ's than anyone. I left Stuart for Indiantown about two months ago and my marina spot is still open if you're looking for cheap, secure dockage.

Welcome SK and great choice of boats. I love the PDQ 34 and 41 have so much to offer in an efficient package. Love 'em both!

I hope you post up some pics for those of us who do better with pictures than words.

:hide:

+1. Welcome! I too am a long time PDQ fan. One of the most efficient boats out there. Congratulations.

I always thought these boats would make good diesel electric powered boats, meaning using a DC generator, solar and wind to replenish the batteries used for the propulsion (3 phase electric) motors. I would think the hull would be efficient enough where this could actually work and perform for more than a few hours of run time.
Anyway sorry to go off on a tangent welcome and enjoy your new PDQ trawler.
Bill

image.jpg

Yanmar 75hp. ( the boat has options of 100 and 110 hp).

Performance is fast cruise 14.5 knots with 7 gallons/ hr combined.
Normal cruise is 9.5 knots with 4 gallons/ hr combined.

Yanmar 75hp. ( the boat has options of 100 and 110 hp).

Performance is fast cruise 14.5 knots with 7 gallons/ hr combined.
Normal cruise is 9.5 knots with 4 gallons/ hr combined.

That's seriously impressive on just twin 75hp.

Cats rule OK !:D

I always thought these boats would make good diesel electric powered boats, Bill

Gotta agree with you there, Billy. Outside of the Aspen and Motorcat, I think the 34 is the next most efficient production cat for that usage. She's light, strong, and about as much use of space as one could get in a vessel of that size. The boat is also comfortable under the power of one engine. The latest four blade props made a big change in vibration. Hard to beat this combo.

Congratulations! Happy sailing on such a beautiful boat.

Congrats! PDQ makes a great boat from what I hear. BTW, Ed Rowe did the survey on our Nordic Tug. His attention to detail was amazing. Spent a lot of time with us before, during and after the survey.

Back
Top Bottom