Dumb waiter for Ocean trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfrancois

Looking for the dumb waiter located in storage hole under galley counter. It appears to be spring loaded and pops up to counter level from storage hold. Any info will be appreciated
Thanks

Luckydawg

Oh sorry I thought it was a job opportunity for me to serve drinks on your boat.

Never mind.

Greetings,
Mr. VT. I think Mr. SCOTTEDAVIS beat me to it. His was a perfect response!
tumblr_m4ljqqO6Wu1r3zat8.gif

As I understand it, a dumb waiter and a dumbwaiter are two different animals. :)

I think of a dumbwaiter as being small device like an elevator to pass items from one level t another level. Someone here installed something like this to pass food and drinks from the galley to the FB. Can't remember who it was, but it looked great! I hope he sees this thread.

If you're looking for a bar that rises out of a deadspace under the galley counter at the push of a button, I think that's what PineappleGirl installed in their Present 35. I never saw the final product, but what I saw in the process of being installed looked great. Paging PG...

Thanks to all. I guess I used wrong terminology. I am advised it is a "lazy Susan" that pops up with the push of a button. I have seen them on the 40 ft Oceans. Again, any help appreciated

LuckyDog

Mmmm we used a sewing machine lifter to make a pop up bar. I'm sure it's not as groovy as what you're talking about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom