View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #32
janice142
Guru

City: Madeira Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
Often I'll add a personal Thanks to a post that strikes a particular nerve with me.

When I comment, it's to add to a conversion versus a "me too" (but then again I'm verbal) or more accurately: I run on at the fingers! [You might have figured that out by now.]

Personally, I love getting the "Thanks" ... being recognized by peers is quite pleasant.

TrawlerForum has a setting (found in the Control Panel) to shut down stuff that irritates you. You can also refuse all private messages, along with email notifications of such.

Suggestion: Stop putting the stuff into spam. You've opted in, so opt out from the source.

Marking stuff like PM notices as Spam will cause the services (google, yahoo, msn) to dump all email from TF or any other place you've marked as Spam. That irks those of us who want the stuff. It's also a nightmare for the site itself!

Side Note: Getting a domain Black-Listed is a real pain to overcome and of course the sender is presumed Guilty. In the 1990s I had a few email lists. One was selling books, plus a couple of for-fun crafting ones. Keeping them legit when subscribers kneecap you by marking the emails as Spam after they've subscribed is a pain in the transom.

I'm on a BST list (Buy-Sell-Trade for trawlers) and about 50% of the time the letters end up in Spam. Somebody didn't bother to unsubscribe. Argh!

In my opinion.