I hate boats!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chester613

I hate boats! I just took possession of a Ranger 27 in March 2014. It's a great boat and has all the right stuff. A/C, genny, solar panels, inverter, propane stove w/oven and she is a 2012 w/only 180 hrs on the engine. Now, I'm looking for a bigger boat! WHAT? I made the mistake of going to the Newport Boat Show and saw the Nordic Tugs up close and personnel. I did see them on line before I bought my boat. I figured they were a little outside my budget, because I wanted a fairly new boat.

Now, I'm willing to go back to 2001 or 2002 and I see a couple of N32's that I fell in love with. HELP ME !! I CAN'T STOP!!:banghead:

Chester (Long Island)

What boat addicts need is an organization, say perhaps BOA "Boat Addicts anonymous". We could then all sit around and discuss our horrid affliction and miseries and draw comfort from fellow addicts. Wait.... we have one called TF.

I feel your pain Chester, there is no cure.

It's a terrible mental condition. Counseling will do you no good.

Pretty soon you will have 5 of them and have reason to keep them all!!!;)

I hate boats! I just took possession of a Ranger 27 in March 2014. It's a great boat and has all the right stuff. A/C, genny, solar panels, inverter, propane stove w/oven and she is a 2012 w/only 180 hrs on the engine. Now, I'm looking for a bigger boat! WHAT? I made the mistake of going to the Newport Boat Show and saw the Nordic Tugs up close and personnel. I did see them on line before I bought my boat. I figured they were a little outside my budget, because I wanted a fairly new boat.

Now, I'm willing to go back to 2001 or 2002 and I see a couple of N32's that I fell in love with. HELP ME !! I CAN'T STOP!!:banghead:

Chester (Long Island)

YOUR SCREWED!

don't even think of messing around with a 32... jump right up to the 42'!

Boats are an addiction.. worse than meth.. but somewhat easier on your health.

HOLLYWOOD

:thumb:

It's crazy, one day you don't know what a boat is - then you buy one. Then you can't wait to spend your money on making it your boat. OH happy day!!

Oh he caught it, poor, poor guy.....Andddddd
image.jpg

I hate boats! .....

As soon as you buy the NT32, you will figure out you will need a KK42. Then when you have the KK42, you will figure out you can't live without a N62.

And your broker will elope with your ex-bank account.

You're hopeless, man.

Lock this perp up in the Boatsanity Asylum!

We started with a 19' in 2000

No 15 years later we've had five ocean going cruisers and wasted tens of thousands of dollars trading boats along the way.

Buy a 50 footer and be done with it! :)

You may not think so, but you'll be money ahead in the long run!

Boats are just a gateway addiction. Wait until you start fixating on anchors. Like moving from pot to meth. :rolleyes:

Two kinds of boats, Those on trailers and the biggest one you can afford.

No 15 years later we've had five ocean going cruisers and wasted tens of thousands of dollars trading boats along the way.

This is way more true than most people will want to admit.

Yet, on the other hand if you start with the 50 footer, does that mean that 15 years later you'll "finally" upgrade to that 100 footer that you've "always wanted" ?:angel:

^^^^^ wisdom there.....read and heed!

You know, what I wrote sounds like it was in jest, but it is really true!

Every boat I've had, I had to fit out, and then fix up to suit my wants at the time.

Every boat sold for more than I paid for it and way less than I had into it.

All that $$$ adds up, and fast!

If back in 2001 when I traded off the 19 footer I would have just bought the boat I have now, how much ahead would I be???

I would seriously consider a larger boat but work obligations almost force me to stay small. I'll take the plunge when I retire but for now there is no way I could keep up with a larger boat--at least not with my current state of extreme anal retentiveness.

My wife frequently reminds me to be happy with what I have.

I agree with ksanders but I'm on a different scale.

I had a 19 ft Sea Ray that I bought as a reward to myself for quitting smoking in 2000. Loved that boat for 7 years, made lots of great family memories, but wanted more. I started looking at gassers like the Striper and Trophy for fishing with a small cabin forward, but for the money they wanted, I could buy more boat in an older model and just keep it in a slip 12 months of the year. Then I decided I needed a FB to improve the view while underway among our Delta levees and kicked it up in the 24-26 range ...but really wanted diesel. That kicked me up into the 30+ footers.

Single or twin??? I love redundancy, so now I'm looking for a twin diesel boat with a FB that is fishable and cruise friendly. Oh, and it's got to be clean and in good shape, easily maintainable by me and low fuel burn so it doesn't sit at the dock due to high fuel costs.

I'm glad I went through all those phases before buying my next boat. If I was a little faster in the purchasing department, I might have bought 3-4 boats that weren't 'just right' before finding this one that fits us so well. But at each step along the way, I had convinced myself that THIS boat was the right one for me...and each one would have been a mistake.

Do we want a larger boat than our 34? Not really. It's a good size for 2, can handle 4 in a pinch, is very fishable, is very seaworthy for our waters and can be easily single-handed. It's ownership, maintenance and operating costs don't break the bank. It's not fast, but in retirement, fast is not the objective. It's comfortable and fun. It fits us 'just right'!

Yes, I did think about "What's next?" Will I want a bigger boat AFTER the NT32? I don't think so. I came from a 38 ft sail boat and I don't really need or want that much boat. I do weekends trips and a two week cruise type of thing, for the most part. I do plan on doing the loop when I retire in 2017. After that, who knows? Bahamas, The Keys? There are plenty of options. But, an NT32 should handle all of that nicely. (I hope!!) Is there a 12 step program?

Chester-Yes, there is a 12 step program, but by the 12th step you are generally in the market for something in the range of a 68-72'Nordhavn!

Since Nov 2012, we have gone from 20ft....26ft....34ft.....:banghead:

It's called the 3 foot syndrome, just when you get a boat organised to the way you want it you start thinking 'if it were just 3 feet longer it'd be perfect'.
There's no cure......just enjoy the cruising life.

We're addicts. Just one thing, it's not an addiction we want to cure. More boats! Actually our boat addiction is small compared to our tender/dinghy addiction.

Our first boat is a 56'. I love her but can't wait to get a 62'.

Is there a 12 step program?

You're in luck! At Trawlerholics Anonymous, we have one new opening which is sure to go fast! (no pun intended)

For easy monthly payments of US $149.95, (preferable in cash, small unmarked bills) I will personally sponsor you and enroll you in 100% guaranteed Trawlerholics Anonymous. We meet online weekly for TrawlerTalks and confess monthly on our Facebook page of fellow TrawlerTrash friends. If you are unhappy after completing our 12 step/12 year program, an entire year's dues will be cheerfully refunded, no questions asked.

Just PM me for contact information.

Typically called 2 footitus in cabin cruiser world. It is 5 footitus in the trawler world. The cure is to be broke and out of work!

We were at the same boat show (and we're neighbors!) and fell in love with the Kadey Krogens. SIGH - I wonder which kidney to sell??

If you win a lottery, don't forget the friends here my friend

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

You need a yacht. I want a yacht.

Yacht = Any boat bigger than yours.

Howard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom