View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
BaltimoreLurker
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
RE: Trawlerfest in Balt

I went on Sunday, it was cold and rainy and the crowds were small. I have also been to many in Solomon's. I've seen all the new & glitzy models and generally find them uninteresting.* I like to examine what I call the "character" boats.* These are some of the used boats for sale.* This year I looked closely at "Steel Magnolia", a 48' steel, Bruce Roberts pilothouse trawler.* Loved it!* One or two such boats seem to show up at each TrawlerFest.* I guess I'm one of the "looky-loos" because I'm not buying today and not in the immediate future.* I'm just filling up the mental database with info on what I like and can afford for when the day comes to trade up.* The old boats are also a great place to get ideas for improvements to my own boat.

I keep missing the Trawler Crawl, which I find to be the best part of the show.

I also go to the shows in the hopes of finding some deals in the vendor tents.* There was very little action there in Baltimore as was mentioned earlier.

The car show was an unexpected, and welcome, surprise.* Lots of Ferraris, some Lambos and a few Maseratis and Fiats.** It would have been much more enjoyable if it hadn't been raining.* But I cut it short and went home to watch football.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote