Ahoy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyle911

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Maurader
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Trawler
I recently bought a 1976 76 foot Marine Trader Trawler as a liveaboard boat! I may be over my head as this is my first boat lol. I already have a ton of maintenance questions!

I recently bought a 1976 76 foot Marine Trader Trawler as a liveaboard boat! I may be over my head as this is my first boat lol. I already have a ton of maintenance questions!

Welcome Kyle911. When you can will you post a picture of the boat. I think it will be the largest Marine Trader I have ever seen.:D

Boy! Talk about jumping off at the deep end for a first boat!

Welcome, indeed.

Yes, pics and questions please?

Welcome anpsrd. Pica, pics :)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Here it is!

Attachments

• 10636297_10154594986275375_8735612651396847340_n.jpg
    10636297_10154594986275375_8735612651396847340_n.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 113
kyle, if you are new to diesels and having problems starting her, please get a knowledgeable deck buddy to help. Sea cocks need to be open, fuel and return lines open etc etc. It will be a much easier/cheaper learning curve. Nice boat by the way. She sure doesn't look 75 feet from the photo though.

Don't use ether for a hard starting diesel. Could cause some real damage.

Maybe there is air in the fuel line(s). Work the hand/finger fuel pump on the engine(s) until there is no resistance. Yes, make sure cooling water and to/from fuel lines are open. Set the "throttle" to one-third, and turn down to idle speed once started.

Thanks guys for the advice, that was a spelling error, it's a 36 foot NOT 76 foot.

Not sure about the spelling mistake, previous owners naming. I think you can spell it both ways?

Maybe a play on Marine Trader?

Try googling it. Some group of odd mythical characters. It is more likely intentional than signwriters error, they usually specialize in messing up apostrophes, which need correcting by another mythical character, "Apostrophe Man".

Back
Top Bottom