New Kadey Krogen Manatee owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A broker friend did a most recent 2 year actual sales amount search on yacht world for me. Employing a buyers broker has been suggested numerous times on the forum?

My Manatee came with very few systems. I had to install windless, wash down, boom winch, davits, hydronic heat etc. Also I would make sure the boat does not have a blister problem. I would be curious to know if a Manatee did not have a blister problem. With the assistance of a shipwright, I repaired my own bottom. In hindsight I would probably pay the $15,000 to have it repaired-brutal job! I have spent the last ten years fixing up my Manatee and would sell it for 130 to 140K. It was valued at 142k the last survey I had done one year ago. Hope this helps.

I watched the Yachtworld Manatee asking price market for the last 3 years. And also went aboard 2 for sale by owner boats. Just from memory it seems like boats that looked tired or had all old equipment were $90-$110,000 and moved off market pretty fast. Then there were about 6 boats that had been redone in various ways for $115-140,000 ask. These all seemed to linger for months, have at least one $5,000 price drop, and then disappeared for an U/N sale price. There was one boat that had had an extensive update with navigation electronics package, bottom peel job, and other systems and mechanical sorting done. It was a nice boat, not cosmetically perfect but good. It sold quickly for over $150,000 I believe. There has been 3 boats on the US West coast for sale since forever. It is hard to sell a boat that can't get over 50 miles from the dock on it's own bottom. I was a serious Manatee buyer if I found the right boat. I bought a Pilgrim 40 because the design and the particular boat appealed to me more. The Manatees are getting old. They all need significant attention either now or in the future. I would try to find one that is showing lots of money spent on upgraded from original equipment and cosmetic maintenance. That $80,000 project can be a time and money pit. IMHO- YMMV Happy Hunting!

Yeah, Billy, I don't know what the deal is on those West Coast boats.....surely one of the reasons are that it is truly a better east coast, loop, and Bahamas boat. The top price I'm aware of these last three years was over 150, and the bottom price was 88, which is now in need of an engine. I should add that in the last three years, there have been some good Manatees out there that have changed hands without being offered for sale or ever seeing a broker. There's are standing offers on two boats right now that have not been offered for sale. The closest thing to a perfect conditioned Manatee that I've seen is Jim Krogen's old 2 stateroom boat,,,, or at least it was a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom