Good Source For Phenolic Labels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JESSEDIVER49

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42
I need a single or couple 3/8" by 1 1/2" phenolic nameplate labels for my breaker box. Black label with white lettering. Or similar, alternate label will suffice. Something nicer than hand letters on masking tape. Most I see online are too big, require minimum order of, etc.
Any suggestions?

I need a single or couple 3/8" by 1 1/2" phenolic nameplate labels for my breaker box. Black label with white lettering. Or similar, alternate label will suffice. Something nicer than hand letters on masking tape. Most I see online are too big, require minimum order of, etc.
Any suggestions?

Check you breaker box for the manufacturer. They usually sell labels to match. Many sell preprinted sheets with generic labels and some blanks. They are good to have around.

Any suggestions?

Brother label maker with black tape, white lettering?

Pricey for the nicer ones but then you can label everything in sight nicely.

Check with a local engraving or trophy shop. The have computerized engraving machines that can make almost any label.

Also check with your local electrical wholesaler (industrial). They will direct you to the local person who makes them for the panel shops. It's now a home industry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Trawler

Check with a local engraving or trophy shop. The have computerized engraving machines that can make almost any label.

This is what I did for 2 labels on my CB panel. It cost me $9...the minimum order price...and was done in a couple of days. It's a perfect match.

+1,MBevins,

Exactly what our local electrical parts distributor does.
Ordered 20 or 30 custom switch labels for a new machine.

Found out the guy I live next to, who owns a trophy/awards store, made them for the electrical distributor.

Middle man is now gone!

Most labels would be plastic. Phenolic would be unusual.
(Caution, sanding phenolic is bad for your health)

Google Bernard engraving. I think they make the little labels you are looking for.
They have a couple hundred standard labels. Things like bilge pump, 12 volt, running lights, you get the idea. Printed lables have almost replaced them but Bernard still makes them.

I didn't know about Paneltronics, seems like a good option.

I bought one of these. You can buy a white-on-black vinyl roll for them that works great on breaker panels. Plus, you can make labels for other things around the boat.

Back
Top Bottom