View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
TONTOROSS

City: Portland, OR
Vessel Name: Cool Water
Vessel Model: C&L Puget Trawler
Look guy's, no one is everything. What I am has nothing to do with boating. For insurance & rule of regulation. We took the Oregon Boaters ED. No big deal. We are putting in as much motoring time as possible. So, here is a story. My saddle pard & I were on the Columbia. All was going fine. We went down river frm Portland & just tried this & that. Getting to know the boat. On our return up river, there were several go-fast boats. No problem (keep looking over your shoulder) slow boats we passed. Then we met a sailboat that was going down river (about a 32' Catalina) he was trying to tack, on a dead on the bow wind. To shorten this up, I watched him frm about a mile away. I moved, what I thought was way out of his port tack. He changed course as soon as I moved over. I came back to center channel, & stayed on that course. As we closed to within 100 yrds, he luffed the sails & came at us bow to bow. With a little power, we went around on our starboard. Just a thought, is it illegal to mount a Maw 2 on the bow?
TONTOROSS is offline   Reply With Quote