New to the forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richard676

Hi All,

I have never participated in an online forum before so if I get things wrong please let me know. I am a recently retired shop teacher who has always dreamed of having a boat capable of cruising the British Columbia coastline.
I am looking at purchasing a Willard 30' Searcher. The boat has had an extensive refit 3 years ago including paint, ballast replaced with lead, driveline converted to an aqua drive system, lots of rewiring, etc. Pretty much every system has either been rebuilt or replaced. About all that I can think of that may need doing is the upholstery and a conversion to hydraulic steering with the addition of an autopilot. What I need to know is if a price of $48000.00 is reasonable. The boat is currently advertised on the Willard website and goes by the name of Savary and her previous name was Knot Again.

Welcome Richard. I am no Willard expert, but there are several others on here who are owners, and I have no doubt will chime in soon. If they fail to see your query, I suggest you PM, (personal message) Manyboats (Eric), who has a Willard 30, to get the show rolling...

Welcome, Richard! Glad to have you aboard. This is a great place to learn about forums as we're generally a pretty friendly and forgiving group. For many of us, Trawler Forum was our introduction to social media forums.

Feel free to post your questions in the Willard/Fales section of the board to wake up those guys who like their Willys. You're sure to get some good input. Also, one thing about forums, it helps to have a descriptive subject title/headline. "Is this a good buy on a Willard 30?" might interest more readers and gain more relevant replies than "Do you like the look of this Willy?". (Although, that might bring a few out of the woodwork, too!) I think you get the drift...

Anyway, good luck on your hunt and pursuit of your dream. We all were in your position when we started. Forums like this can really provide a good boost up the learning curve. Lots of great knowledge and experience from folks worldwide. Also, no shortage of opinions on the gray matters so brace yourself for a wide variety of replies.

Cheers!!

Welcome aboard! Watch out for RTF, he's smart but nuts. Do not ask about guns or anchors. The passions run high on both subjects!

Parks-maybe if he buys the Willy, he can use a big gun for an anchor. I am sure as many anchors as Eric has for his Willy, he has to have tried it.

Back
Top Bottom