TF Designation for Ocean Crossers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like my term T.A.M., Trans Atlantic Mariner.

Harumph!

I'm still holding out for Horizon Seeker :thumb:

You can cross an ocean, but you could forever be seeking the horizon.

Last edited:
I like Poles...
old-polish-woman-sellng-bread-2-big.jpg

Harumph!

I'm still holding out for Horizon Seeker :thumb:

You can cross an ocean, but you could forever be seeking the horizon.

Can't wait till one of us goes into space...then the terminology discussion will get really interesting....

Let's see, that might make it the Apollo award. So I guess we should name this the Poseidon award?

May want to stay away from certain names like Poseidon (the adventure movie), Titanic (voyage), Concordia (harmony with anything).....:D

Revamped Dauntless Trophy design based on Richard's testimony. Please refrigerate if opened.

Attachments

• trophy revamped.jpg
    trophy revamped.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 73
That could work! Ya know, I had asked him his favorite Vodka and he texted back that he had reverted back to New Amsterdam Gin. Maybe that could replace the Blue Plate and tuna-fish????

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the recipient. :banghead:

Man, I never thought I'd cross an ocean single handed, but for that trophy... I might have to...

What about Globetrotter? or Grand Mariner? Bluewater Veteran? Old Salt? Seafarer? maybe Exalted One of Nautical Greatness?

OceanMaster.
Short, sharp, simple. In one word.

I jsut found this thread.
Also, it's interesting seeing the folks who were textimng me, but only now am I putting an Avatar and name with the texts.

I have to admit, I just thought Intrepid woule be good, but so far Ocean Crosser is best as it says it all. Dauntless can apply to too many difficult, but diverse things.
Ocean Crosser says it all.:smitten:

I don't think anyone mastered the ocean

Boy - is that ever the truth!

Maybe MasterMariner - but, OceanMaster is going pretty deep-down - pun intended! :lol:

Anyone who has done it might suggest "Sleep Deprived."
Excellent reading skills. I was wondering why no one else had caught that before. Not sure such antics should be rewarded.

The OP stated: single handed, across an ocean. This means at a minimum: operating with NO lookout, and not under command while underway.

Hardly worth glad handing over, in any fashion.

Of course, in theory......

Revamped Dauntless Trophy design based on Richard's testimony. Please refrigerate if opened.

Actually mayonnaise doesn't grow mold or go bad if it isn't refigerated because it's alkaline. Nothing grows on alkaline base or in an alkaline environment. It has to be acidic for disease, mold, bacteria, virus or other nasty stuff to grow.

This is why Mayo is perfect on a boat. :thumb:

Actually mayonnaise doesn't grow mold or go bad if it isn't refigerated because it's alkaline. Nothing grows on alkaline base or in an alkaline environment. It has to be acidic for disease, mold, bacteria, virus or other nasty stuff to grow.

This is why Mayo is perfect on a boat. :thumb:

Agreed!

Mayo if kept caped and clean and "In Dark Place" (light can ruin mayo - especially sunlight) then mayo needn't be refrigerated. However, It may gets "bugs" introduced to contents, by dirty utensils or other means... then crap can grow. :eek:

Agreed!

Mayo if kept caped and clean and "In Dark Place" (light can ruin mayo - especially sunlight) then mayo needn't be refrigerated. However, It may gets "bugs" introduced to contents, by dirty utensils or other means... then crap can grow. :eek:

Don't double dip!! :thumb:

If anyone is truly interested in Mayo-there was an entire thread on CF some time back about whether Mayo needs to be refrigerated or not. I am a no refrigeration guy myself despite my mother's warnings about getting mayo on sandwiches from Delis or getting egg salad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom