View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Kevin

New trawler owner...Some questions.

I recently purchased a 36 Litton and brought it from Indiantown Fl up to Charleston SC.*It has a single Ford Lehman 120.**The trip was a great learning experience, however I*have*some questions.* What should my cruise RPM*be?*Should it be a percentage of WOT or is there an accepted cruise RPM*for the Lehman.* I ran it at*1750*RPM, runnin about 7 kts, O.P. was running*50, temp*155, fuel burn of*1.4 GPH, is this about right?* The PO removed the stove/oven in favor of an extra refrigerator, while I*would never complain about extra beer storage oportunities my wife would like to be able to cook; on to the point.**Is there a reason, (minus*not having a pot rail), that I couldnt use a RV L.P. stove/oven*instead of a marine one?* The PO also removed the mast and related hardware, is there a good source to locate a new mast step, tabernacle, hinge whatever it is called. I can find all other hardware on-line. I had another question about oil changing on the Simms injector pump but see that the concensus is to do it at 50 hours.**I have a valve on a thru hull, (generator raw water), that will not close, the handle as well as the stem rotates but the valve dosent close; I am well up the Cooper river and not close to any haul out facilites.* What is the best course of action here? Add another valve on top of the non-working valve, get a new valve turn on all the bilge pumps and try and change it; (either way there is a lot of water coming in the boat), or just take my chances?* I am going to pull the boat in a little less than 2 years, but seems like a long time to leave a non-working valve. What is the wisdom out there on removing teak decks?* It dosent appear that I have any water intrusion but the decks are in poor shape and less than 1/4" thick, needs recaulking, and is missing many MANY bungs,*so I think my best route is to go ahead and remove them. Can the screw holes be filled with resin and the decks painted with no-skid, or do I need to glass over all the areas that were covered with teak.* Well that is it for now gentlemen, sorry for the length thanks for bearing with me, and thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote