Pretty French Model.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Putting the galley across the cockpit doors makes great sense in a warm climate: you can cook from outside in the cockpit, or from inside on bad days!

There is a lift up window on a strut over the sink/work surface so the galley can be worked from either side.

Last edited:

I think Ferreti, the super yacht builders in Italy, have this arrangement for 'Alfresco' dining in the cockpit; of course the meals are cooked by the chef down in the bilges and transported by cute female deck hands to the 'cockpit galley area' where the owners can claim they cooked it all!

Here's the galley arrangement on the Ferreti 53'.

Notice the same lifting window with strut that closes off the galley from the cockpit.

I like the Rhea 36' setup better.........:)

Last edited:
Putting the galley across the cockpit doors makes great sense in a warm climate: you can cook from outside in the cockpit, or from inside on bad days!

There is a lift up window on a strut over the sink/work surface so the galley can be worked from either side.

Very cool arrangement!

Very cool arrangement!

I was just thinking if you had double sided drawers in the galley units, you could open them from both sides.

Would the drawers be too deep to keep stuff like knifes and forks etc......?

Based upon the French ladie's stern this is no trawler, right Eric?. BTW, seems a clone of the Fathom 40.

I think that putting the galley along the cockpit door frees up all the saloon space for two massive long couches like in the Ferreti design.

Even in a narrow saloon it might be possible too squeeze in two couches, and when stopped you could have a 'flip up' helm seat to open even more space up.

The seating arrangement on the Princess 30' ds (deck saloon) from the 80's had two long couches facing each other, the helm seat folded down to extend the length of the two enormous couches; perfect for entertaining lots of guests indoors if they weather turns bad.

This would have made a perfect boat for the cockpit galley idea.

My first thought...

img_265656_0_55c78921b6ac98d21a39e528acf2f6d2.jpg

The standard European kitchen unit is 2' 1" deep.

So making the drawers slide out in both directions would definitely work; the drawers wouldn't be too deep.

Last edited:
Sacre Bleu! At last a builder has the sense to extend the over head to cover the cockpit. Don't know about the fold down transom; the Krogen Silhouette 42 had the same feature and the boat was a failure selling only 12 or 13 of them before ending the run. The hydraulically operated stern gate might have had something to do with the design's early demise.

While living in Berlin, 2007-2010, I can't remember which year, but on a visit to the Dusseldorf Boat Show, Greenline introduced it's 33' Hybrid and Diesel versions. The layout was basically the same as above, fold-down transom included. I suppose this layout has become a Euro-style of cruiser.

The folding transom would be even better IF it could accept the dink simply driven or pulled on.

Hard to steal, always ready for instant use and , no need for a wing engine as a get home.

Sacre Bleu! At last a builder has the sense to extend the over head to cover the cockpit. Don't know about the fold down transom; the Krogen Silhouette 42 had the same feature and the boat was a failure selling only 12 or 13 of them before ending the run. The hydraulically operated stern gate might have had something to do with the design's early demise.

..it's always raining in England; no need for a sundeck!:blush:

While living in Berlin, 2007-2010, I can't remember which year, but on a visit to the Dusseldorf Boat Show, Greenline introduced it's 33' Hybrid and Diesel versions. The layout was basically the same as above, fold-down transom included. I suppose this layout has become a Euro-style of cruiser.

Thanks HH,

HERE's the Greenline:

The folding transom would be even better IF it could accept the dink simply driven or pulled on.

Hard to steal, always ready for instant use and , no need for a wing engine as a get home.

A hydraulic lifting swim platform is the answer: I believe they cost $$$$. ($40k?)

You can float your dinghy onto the platform, then raise it.:socool:

Fathom Yachts, built in the Northwest, have a fold down transom. I took one for a test drive and liked the idea of the fold down transom a lot.

I'm not sure what the status is of this company. I believe they stopped building due to lack of sales and may be in the process of being sold to a Canadian company?

Attachments

• exped_model_img.jpg
    exped_model_img.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 191
I like the fold down transom idea until my transom ends up in my salon from rough seas.:D

I didn't realise that the work top hinges and rotates out to make an outside work surface.........

Back
Top Bottom