View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #11
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4061 View Post
One debate my wife and I always have looking at our next boat is the number of required bedrooms required. On our last boat we had one OSR and the previous two boats we had two bedrooms. During the time we stayed aboard we never had anyone spend the night and the boats worked fine. On our next boat we agreed one large OSR was more practical then a smaller OSR to make room for a second smaller bedroom which would turn into a storage room. We also decided to have a portable salon table built in case someone did spend the night aboard they could sleep on the large sofa with easy access to the day head off the salon.

Just curious how others view this aspect (bedrooms) of their boat layout, what works and what doesn't. thanks
If you've never had anyone stay aboard and nothing significant has changed then one sounds fine. Now, for that off time that someone else stays, I encourage an air mattress or air mattresses. They take up very little space but the good ones are actually very comfortable just placed on a floor or table or whatever.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote