View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #70
Capt.Bill11
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
You found a beautiful mid- 2000's Nordic Tug for a bargain price, 10's of thousands of dollars less than the $198K local California boat, even with the 11K shipping cost.... You're worried about a running generator that stalled after 10 minutes? The AC is relatively cheap to replace/repair and a non-issue. Joe, Your broker should demand the seller have a complete check out of the generator to get it in working condition, he should also drop the price of the boat by the amount a new AC install..... You're buying a used boat, don't forget that.
I agree. You can run away from this boat if you want. But neither you nor the fear mongers posting replies have any real idea what the true problems are yet. And some of it is just wild conjecture. Like the boat was sunk. Really!?

If you get some independent eyes in there, like an A/C company and a Genset mechanic to you tell you the real deal you could end up saving thousands more and perhaps end up with new equipment.

You'll never know how motivated they are to get rid of this boat till you make an adjusted offer. In this market I'd guess they are very motivated to get rid of stock on hand.

But if your just not feeling it then move on I guess.
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote