View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #65
CeeBee

City: San Francisco
Vessel Name: Emily B
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
CeeBee, thanks for the numbers! Your low end result is in a good agreement with Boat Test numbers. They published 3.7 GPH @ 8.0 knots, and you have 4 @ 8.5. Their higher speed numbers are a bit more optimistic. It would be interesting to see what is your fuel burn at 7 knots. If it is also in agreement with Boat Test numbers, the range should be over 1000 nm at that speed.

One more thing. Would you rather have a washing machine on board than a stash of quarters?
When I looked at ST44, I did not see a good space for a full size washer/drier. The salesman suggested that a portable one can fit either into a cabinet next to the galley opposing the couch, or in the lazarette. One crazy idea that I have is to convert the guest room into a laundry/utility room/pantry/walk-in closet/you-name-it. Do you think it would work?
Hey Lost Horizons,
I'll check out the 7knots for you and report my guess is it's in the 2.5 range per engine.
The stash of quarters will work for us
I don't see the Lazarettes as a solid option as Richard (RClarke) pointed out the areas are tight and if you have a Gen Set that takes up the majority of space. Also you have several access ports and breakers for electronics etc in the stern Lazerettes.
The Cabinets the rep is referring to "might work but the fuel tank and engines are directly below and we do use ALL of the storage.
The Second stateroom could be an option and it is a direct shot to the grey water pump out which is in the companionway adjacent to the stateroom between it and the guest head.
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote