Greetings fellow slowpokes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wayfarer

Guru
Vessel Name
Sylphide
Vessel Make
Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
I'm Dave and I'm new here. I've always been a trawler admirer. I used to carry around a brochure for a Nordhavn 46 when I was a kid :ermm:

I'm at a point in my life where I'm considering selling the house, my current vessel, and a ton of my other crap, and moving into a nice comfy trawler. I'm not new to boating, but I am new to trawlers and living aboard. So I still have lots of potentially stupid questions for you guys! I appreciate your patience in advance!

Thanks for having me!

Welcome! Your first sentence startled me... Sounds like the rest of us here; admitting you've got a problem and you need the group to lend support!

I've had the occasion to tour a Nordhavn 46. Beautiful rig. Do you have one in your sights?

Welcome aboard! We love stupid questions! :D

Welcome! Your first sentence startled me... Sounds like the rest of us here; admitting you've got a problem and you need the group to lend support!

I've had the occasion to tour a Nordhavn 46. Beautiful rig. Do you have one in your sights?

Y'know, I've been looking for years and years, and I've never even seen one at a distance... I'd love to wander through one. The only Nordie I've ever been able to tour was a 35. It's also the only one I'd ever be able to afford (maybe...)

I stopped carrying the brochure around with me when I realized just how much money half a million dollars was... haha.

Welcome aboard! We love stupid questions! :D

I'm home!!:smitten:

Welcome Dave, my taste in boats changed when I started doing the math too. Someday I aspire to rise above the math but until then I am content to just enjoy the water. Cabin cruiser or canoe matters not to me.

One of the brokers here some time back shared a story of a Carver he looked at once, with redundant equipment he'd never seen on such a vessel including two water makers. He asked the owner where he had been on the boat. His answer was South America and back. It ain't the size of dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog comes to mind.

Y'know, I've been looking for years and years, and I've never even seen one at a distance... I'd love to wander through one. The only Nordie I've ever been able to tour was a 35. It's also the only one I'd ever be able to afford (maybe...)

There will be a TrawlerFest in Baltimore, MD 9/25 to 9/28. I do not remember seeing a Nordhaven 46 at the Anacortes TF but there was a 55.

http://http://www.passagemaker.com/events/categories/trawler-fest/

Later,
Dan

A Nordhavn 46 is currently for sale in Anacortes. Check out Yachtworld.

Welcome! It's good to set your sights high, my friend has Norhaven 46 I'd love to buy. Eventually you balance your budget with your sights and I sure hope your budget gets the Nordhaven!

A Nordhavn 46 is currently for sale in Anacortes. Check out Yachtworld.

Welcome! It's good to set your sights high, my friend has Norhaven 46 I'd love to buy. Eventually you balance your budget with your sights and I sure hope your budget gets the Nordhaven!

I wish! Maybe someday I'll upgrade that far, but my budget just doesn't go that far yet. I still have lots and lots of variables to calculate, but I think my budget is going to be somewhere under 200K.
Plus, the 46 is on the upper end of the size I'm looking for. At this point, I'm single, so I want to make sure I can handle her myself.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome!! :smitten:

Welcome aboard

I wish! Maybe someday I'll upgrade that far, but my budget just doesn't go that far yet. I still have lots and lots of variables to calculate, but I think my budget is going to be somewhere under 200K.
Plus, the 46 is on the upper end of the size I'm looking for. At this point, I'm single, so I want to make sure I can handle her myself.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome!! :smitten:

Have you met Janice142? She's single, brilliant, adventuresome and owns a boat. Maybe it's time for a little TF romance!! :smitten::smitten::smitten:

If you two hit it off, you'd never have to worry about single-handing the boat.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Gee, let the poor bloke settle in before marrying him off.

Apropos of nothing Janice, do you like Nordhavens? ;)

Welcome Dave

Get the best boat you can afford, as soon as you can, live more work less.

Be happy

Welcome aboard

Thank you!

Have you met Janice142? She's single, brilliant, adventuresome and owns a boat. Maybe it's time for a little TF romance!! :smitten::smitten::smitten:

We have met, actually. Several private messages have already been exchanged :socool:

Welcome Dave

Get the best boat you can afford, as soon as you can, live more work less.

Be happy

Some truly enlightened thinking, there. Thank you!

Do you know what's wrong with Match.com? (besides the decided lack of boats)
Fire. And you're playing with fire FlyWright.

I remember talking with a fellow who owned the house across the street from my daughter's place. He mentioned his dad owned a 27' sailboat and was single, living in California. And I was tempted to ask for a picture of his boat. In those days my dreamboat was a NorSea27.

Nope, didn't do it.

As for Nordhavn's, well, I must tell you the KK's, especially one particular 42 has certainly caught my eye. And too the Pilgrim's so remind me of the boats I played aboard when I was a kid... but basically, boats are the best.

Can't see ever living on dirt. That's where you end up when you die.
And I want to live.

If I ever decide I want a partner FlyWright, I'll let 'cha know. Don't hold your breath. Nonetheless, thank you for the compliment.

Back
Top Bottom