View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #58
Capt.Bill11
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
I'll try again:

Adding a lot of weight (with fuel) at the stern of a boat will make it stern heavy. Removing that weight by using the fuel will return the boat to its original balance.

Think back to when you were a child playing on a see saw. Put a heavy kid on one end and that end went down. Put a light kid on the same end and it went up, assuming the same kid on the other end. It's physics.

Now if your boat didn't exhibit this behavior, fine, I'm not trying to say it did. I'm just pointing out that the laws of physics would normally cause the stern of a boat to sag if you put that much weight there and return to the original balance when the weight was removed.

Yeah I get all that. What I didn't understand is why you quote me and then started talking about added fuel weight in the stern. As I stated and apparently have to restate, the boat I was referring to DID NOT have a fuel tank added to the stern. Just an extension. The fuel weight I quote was the same before and after the extension and it stayed in this same general location. So of course it didn't exhibit the same behavior as a boat might that had that weight in aft.
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote