TF Designation for Ocean Crossers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
There have been many sailors single handing across the Atlantic, and even circumnavigating. I have never heard of a power boater doing that across the Atlantic. When Richard makes his mind up, it would not be good to get in his way. He is both determined and gutsy. What a guy!

I suggest he be awarded lifetime free membership to trawlerforum.com. Seriously I think we should really come up with a title fitting his accomplishment to go on his avatar. Let's have some suggestions.

OK, I will start off by suggesting a possible title for Richard's Avatar. How about "TF CRUISING CHAMPION".

I also think that Larry on Hobo and Marty deserve special recognition for the type of cruising they do. That goes for anyone doing true passage making. They are an inspiration to us all.

OK, I will start off by suggesting a possible title for Richard's Avatar. How about "TF CRUISING CHAMPION".

I also think that Larry on Hobo and Marty deserve special recognition for the type of cruising they do. That goes for anyone doing true passage making. They are an inspiration to us all.

King Motor-Cruiser!

Or maybe a title of "Ocean Crossing" that can be bestowed on Richard and others that have made an ocean crossing?

Or maybe a title of "Ocean Crossing" that can be bestowed on Richard and others that have made an ocean crossing?

Works for me, but others who have done real passage making without crossing oceans should have some special recognition.

Works for me, but others who have done real passage making without crossing oceans should have some special recognition.

We have had a similar discussion on the Cruiser's Forum. Off shore passages and coastal cruising are inner-mingled when land is 5 days away. On an ocean crossing it is 20+ days.

To keep folks from garnering the "Ocean Crossing" title from doing it on a cruise ship, they need to be a watch stander. To keep me from the title, maybe the vessel needs to be < 150' in length.

Just a thought.

How about "Passagemaker"

Passage maker ... got my vote!

The chair now will entertain new business. The chair recognizes the gentleman from Santa Cruz.

How about "Passagemaker"

There's a motion on the table to change Richard's moniker, is there a second?

Good one Bligh. I like it.

Properly seconded by the gentleman from Chattanooga we shall proceed to vote, all in favor

Passage maker ... got my vote!

Seems unanimous to me, motion passes. Richard's moniker now reads Passage Maker.

Hmmm....that was quick. All decided in 8 hours. I would have suggested Son of Magellan. Passagemaker, being the name of an ever worsening magazine seems somewhat demeaning to the brave soul who is alone, as we speak, in the Atlantic. I demand a recount.
Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

Hmmm....that was quick. All decided in 8 hours. I would have suggested Son of Magellan. Passagemaker, being the name of an ever worsening magazine seems somewhat demeaning to the brave soul who is alone, as we speak in the Atlantic.

Fortunately it can be easily changed by someone I know if a mutiny is detected :angel:

Yeah...Passagemaker is good. I didn't even think about the mag. Lets face it, for the mag it's a bad badge and for Richard it's a good badge,

I did make a passage through a sand bar once.:hide:

I like it, "Passage Maker" didn't remind me of the magazine but did describe Richard......:thumb:

But like I said earlier, a passage could be Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport, hardly what Richard has accomplished.

My vote is still "Ocean Crossing".

" Master and Commander"

The name association with the magazine would be a negative for me.

HOLLYWOOD

The designation could be specific to the forum, such as, since joining the forum, has made an ocean crossing on his own boat and taken us along.

Blue water cruiser?
Ocean crosser? (that's 2 votes)
Ocean trawlerman?
Ocean Navigator (I know, another magazine, but...)

C'mon folks there's got to be something that will acknowledge Richard's, as well as others, accomplishments.

How 'bout "Navigator"?

"Master and Commander" is already taken for much lesser accomplishments.

"Voyager Extraodinaire"

or, if more than one;

“Order of Voyagers Extraodinaire” KJ

"Transoceanic" brings back fond memories of Zenith's portable shortwave radios from the 60's for all of us over 60. Back in the day all the well healed sailors always had the newest one. I still have a mid 60's radio, takes (9) D cells.

Makes me wish we had something like the British option of knighting him. Cross an ocean under your own power, you get invited to the garden party, added to the honors list, and HM gives you a medal.

two brass balls in the form of an awarded medal seems appropriate : ) There is certainly no shortage of devious photo-shoppers on here that could produce such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom