Bad, irresponsible boaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seven knots is fast enough for me (former sailor). Looking down at the water passing by almost makes me dizzy.

img_259051_0_b7057ff8f01e3b671a47a61b3f71c709.jpg

Last edited:
Forgive me I have sinned, I threw beer bottles at a Seadoo doing donuts around our raft of boats. Forgive me because I missed him!!

I navigated my first boat (30+ years ago) with a AAA road map ☺ I only went to the areas in blue .

OK...you are all on track and I can't possibly congratulate all of you for your less than perfect performances...and no one has set off the "Not welcome" alarm yet (guess they are to busy in the I'm perfect ...not really...threads).....but alas...so keep up the good (not perfect work) and keep those new members happy!!!

See ya'll tomorrow....maybe we need to think of a burgee..Kevin Sanders thought about one but it's too common...something way more bad boy but please no skull and crossbones allowed. Definitely need the secret greeting word which means that cocktails, jet skis and wakes are in our future.

Craig and Don, you guys should be atoning for your fuel-wasting ways!! :eek:

Bless me Rev Moon, for I have sinned. It has been forever since my last confession. :facepalm:

When I was 6, I failed to allow my little brother's bathtub toy tug (clearly the stand-on vessel as I recall) right of way as I rammed him in his fwd stbd quarter. (It sank and he cried....VICTORY!) :rofl:

At age 14, I allowed my sister's friend to paddle the canoe from the aft position even though she knew nothing about boats...but she was the cutest girl in the neighborhood. :smitten:

(insert long dry stretch without boats)

At age 44, I tried to anchor my new-to-me lake boat with a mushroom anchor at a 1.5:1 scope! I returned the anchor to Walmart for a refund because it didn't work. :socool:

At age 55: I made numerous 12V terminal connections without shrinkwrapping. :hide:

At age 56, I enjoyed lunch in Napa via my boat with two buddies and enjoyed an IPA beer on the lido deck following lunch and BEFORE we returned. :dance:

I know that I have countless sins of omission and commission that I cannot remember now due to my failing memory and drinking habit. Please forgive me for those unstated sins. Maybe after another beer, it'll all come back to me. Standby for part deux!

OK...name my penance. Just remember that I am now on a fixed income. Bring it on.....I'm sitting down.

Last edited:
You penance is make sure your shadow boards for running lights are matt black. :D

had to wait up for the dog....now I can finally move around my own boat....:rolleyes:

I was towing a boat on the hip approaching an open drawbridge. Was towing by his nose, but swapped to hip coming into bridge and tight area. Big sportsfish coming up from behind pulling a big wake, maybe at 10kts, trying to make the open bridge that would by all means accomodate him. I called him on the radio to slow down for me, no response. Waked me HARD and the hip tow and my boat banged HARD. I yelled at him as he passed and threw a half full can of beer into his cockpit and it made a hell of a bang. Then he slowed down... And made threatening gestures and comments from the bridge. Acted like he wanted to come down to fight or whatever. I reached into the cooler and pulled out a full BOTTLE of beer and made clear I would throw it.

He climbed back up to his controls and idled off, this time about 5kts. Another jerk...

I was towing a boat on the hip approaching an open drawbridge. Was towing by his nose, but swapped to hip coming into bridge and tight area. Big sportsfish coming up from behind pulling a big wake, maybe at 10kts, trying to make the open bridge that would by all means accomodate him. I called him on the radio to slow down for me, no response. Waked me HARD and the hip tow and my boat banged HARD. I yelled at him as he passed and threw a half full can of beer into his cockpit and it made a hell of a bang. Then he slowed down... And made threatening gestures and comments from the bridge. Acted like he wanted to come down to fight or whatever. I reached into the cooler and pulled out a full BOTTLE of beer and made clear I would throw it.

He climbed back up to his controls and idled off, this time about 5kts. Another jerk...

I'm not sure...wasting beer is a big offense in this club...good thing you have other talents we all appreciate....

be carefull...wait a minute..breaking even bad boy club rules...holy cow man... you'll be on the board of directors in no time!!!!....

ps..that's why I hardly ever hip tow...too many guys just have to come close and wake.

Dang, I really wanted to be a part of this thread but I can't think of any sins. How long do I have?

Craig and Don, you guys should be atoning for your fuel-wasting ways!! :eek:

Bless me Rev Moon, for I have sinned. It has been forever since my last confession. :facepalm:

When I was 6, I failed to allow my little brother's bathtub toy tug (clearly the stand-on vessel as I recall) right of way as I rammed him in his fwd stbd quarter. (It sank and he cried....VICTORY!) :rofl:

At age 14, I allowed my sister's friend to paddle the canoe from the aft position even though she knew nothing about boats...but she was the cutest girl in the neighborhood. :smitten:

(insert long dry stretch without boats)

At age 44, I tried to anchor my new-to-me lake boat with a mushroom anchor at a 1.5:1 scope! I returned the anchor to Walmart for a refund because it didn't work. :socool:

At age 55: I made numerous 12V terminal connections without shrinkwrapping. :hide:

At age 56, I enjoyed lunch in Napa via my boat with two buddies and enjoyed an IPA beer on the lido deck following lunch and BEFORE we returned. :dance:

I know that I have countless sins of omission and commission that I cannot remember now due to my failing memory and drinking habit. Please forgive me for those unstated sins. Maybe after another beer, it'll all come back to me. Standby for part deux!

OK...name my penance. Just remember that I am now on a fixed income. Bring it on.....I'm sitting down.

I am sending a PM. I believe that we are talking about a finance plan for all this.

Please forgive me as I'm a newbie trawler owner. The sins I'll admit to. I added MMO to both my fuel and oil two weeks befor this almighty forum showed me the error of ways. The shame I feel. Please don't tell that along with a 7 knt trawler I also enjoy my 40knt jet ski. It's been some time but I have owned both a Sea Ray and a Bayliner. I had started 2 threads on this forum that were sent to the "bad" section for my trouble making. Btw I did not use the A word. Well kind of "new anchoring rules for FLA

Dang, I really wanted to be a part of this thread but I can't think of any sins. How long do I have?

Go forth and sin, my son. Then get right back to us with the details.

Hurry up....time's a wastin'!

I once stopped and towed a stranded runaround on lake Powell as lightning was cracking and wind was howling ... And I didn't force them to don life jackets.
And last weekend I didn't notice that one of the no wake markers was washed away by flooding on the Mississippi and made it 100 yards before I noticed the docked boats.

I'm a member.

Al: Do I have time to become the President, Leader of the free world, Commander and Chief of a nuclear arsenal and then have a beer summit?
dan

At age 56, I enjoyed lunch in Napa via my boat with two buddies and enjoyed an IPA beer on the lido deck following lunch and BEFORE we returned. :dance:...

The fellow in the blue shirt and the one taking the photo are the fellow conspirators.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv699%3C%3Dot%3E2454%3D42%3B%3D66%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B4489%3B655245ot1lsi

The worse sin that day for the three of us was each consuming a large hamburger, onion rings, and milkshake! (The beers didn't have a chance.)

Last edited:
Forgive me oh Electron as I do not have triple redundancy on all my nav and com systems nor do I have 24" monitors so that I can safely navigate the costal waters, lakes and rivers of you cousin Neptune's realm.

OK...I think it must be clear on the membership rules....

It's not that you failed to be a super boater...you have to be a point in your boating to know that you did something less than perfect and have no remorse...

You know what you did isn't the end of the known world, won't kill anyone any more than a bolt of lightening, but it garners the tidbit, not really earthshattering comments from posters who insist you should have has a master marine electrician...possibly engineer design and install something like Janices's anchor light for Algae (Bravo Janice...you are temporary vice president till the upcoming elections...wait a minute...bad boy clubs don't have elections...we'll have to decide how we do it right after burgee selection).

So you can see while I'm all for passing along utopian info...even all the rules/regs/standards and suggestions...I feel it's OK to pass along what you think and as long as all the "safety" issues have been debugged and you aren't this huge evil threat to the boating world. Most things in life can be done several ways and boating is no exception. Not everything on a boat has to be yottie or even marine grade for that matter and certainly your boat just has to keep you safe enough...not cross the ocean if that's your style.

You can also do things that make the next owner shudder and cast your name before the gilded ones as a member of the bad boys club when you sell. As long as you were honest and pointed out that you used untinned wire or garden hose in the bilge for non critical systems...so be it...go forth and enjoy your life and screw the whining new owner of what gave you pleasure too.

So as we form in ranks and see whose who, be careful, there may be traitors in our ranks.

Help me weed out any that may only "think" they are bad boys but are really the type to bypass a big box store without even flinching or wondering if there's something in there that will work for pennies and head straight for West Marine to break out a boat buck.

I'm not sure...wasting beer is a big offense in this club...good thing you have other talents we all appreciate....

be carefull...wait a minute..breaking even bad boy club rules...holy cow man... you'll be on the board of directors in no time!!!!....

ps..that's why I hardly ever hip tow...too many guys just have to come close and wake.

You are right about the offense part.....on this string, we have another string going....well, not so much:blush:

Please forgive me as I'm a newbie trawler owner. The sins I'll admit to. I added MMO to both my fuel and oil two weeks befor this almighty forum showed me the error of ways. The shame I feel. Please don't tell that along with a 7 knt trawler I also enjoy my 40knt jet ski. It's been some time but I have owned both a Sea Ray and a Bayliner. I had started 2 threads on this forum that were sent to the "bad" section for my trouble making. Btw I did not use the A word. Well kind of "new anchoring rules for FLA

I feel your pain my brother, I too have been severely, I say severely chastised. Oh the shame. :blush::hide:

I lusted over another man's anchor.

WITHOUT HAVING SERVED IN THE ROYAL NAVY, I made the serious mistake to post information concerning the history of rum consumption in that esteemed branch of the British Forces. I was ignorant of the rules for discussion, having grown up commenting on professional sports teams, politics, and assorted other organizations without ever being apart of those organizations. Ignorance is no excuse, therefore I ask to join the group.

Forgive me mother of the Inland Nav Rules. I fish in the ICW and like it! (Shhhhhhh! Thats were the fish are. Don't tell anyone!)

Forgive me I have sinned, I threw beer bottles at a Seadoo doing donuts around our raft of boats. Forgive me because I missed him!!

It wasn't a sin unless the bottles were still full!

HOLLYWOOD

:lol:

WITHOUT HAVING SERVED IN THE ROYAL NAVY, I made the serious mistake to post information concerning the history of rum consumption in that esteemed branch of the British Forces. I was ignorant of the rules for discussion, having grown up commenting on professional sports teams, politics, and assorted other organizations without ever being apart of those organizations. Ignorance is no excuse, therefore I ask to join the group.

maybe because you were minunderstood...

like in this post I'm not quite sure what exactly you said in the other post or this one....:confused:

but just being misunderstood is good enough for membership into the bad boys club...heck THEY misunderstand nearly everything I say....:D

Forgive me mother of the Inland Nav Rules. I fish in the ICW and like it! (Shhhhhhh! Thats were the fish are. Don't tell anyone!)

your penance I believe is..."expect to get waked!!!!" :D

Back
Top Bottom