Bad, irresponsible boaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Good boaters and responsible boaters can jump on to the next thread..

Please start listing our bad boy attribures so we can be castigated from afar and not in our own thread.

I'll start...

Oh King Neptune I have sinned. More than once last trip to Florida I had a beer or two with lunch. I didn't hit anything...in fact most days I didn't see another boat because I travel in December from your buddies place closer to the North Pole... ya know Santa.

Oh Nigel I have sinned...Last month I temporarily used 2 wire nuts for a couple weeks at dock while I decided if the new wall lamp was in the right spot or even the one I wanted.

Oh ABYC...I have sinned...I once soldered only some hair thin wires used for NEMA between electronics...I know that after soldering them and then folding them over and taping them so they worked the full 10 years before replacing the electronics wasn't the right thing to do...but I couldn't see driving over an hour to the only boat store that probably wouldn't have had the right sized crimp connectors anyway.

Oh KYMOPOLEIA (greek goddess of waves)...I once intentionally passed a McMansion on the ICW at almost 6.4 knots and the 9 inch wake caused their poorly tied up sunfish sailboat to wobble against the dock. I know their hand painted no wake sign demanded my respect...but I brazenly ignored it and pressed on to my destination...how can I ever live that one down.

OK all you bad TFers out there...bare your souls with the "out" crowd while the "in" crowd has their fun in all the other threads....:D

Last edited:
OK...no takers??? I'll keep going...

Oh good wizard of the "Guess the QBBL from the photo world"...I once incorrectly guess the engine requirements and top speed of a SD boat when someone actually saw the same photo and told me it was FD....I know it was fuzzy and a bad angle...but I was sure 53.2 hp and not 49.752 was the right hp for the boat.

I'm in for being on the out part of this issue--I confess that I once had impure thoughts about an oncoming sailboater who changed course across my bow at less than 100 feet and when I blew the horn he yelled 'we have the right of way dude, we're sailing here'! I think I had a brew or 2 sometime soon after and thought about that.

I went to a Jimmy Buffett Concert at the Miami Marine Stadium. This was in 1985, they made a video about it. I can see my boat in some of the footage! I drank a bunch of Rum and Coke, a few beers, smoked some outstanding bud. There were probably 300 other boats anchored in the basin. Lots of people on each of those boats! A bunch of folks had the great idea to use inner tubes to swim right up to the floating stage! I was thinking just how cool that was .......until I figured out how many people had pissed or crapped into that basin!!!!! Astounding hangover in the AM! Last boat to leave.......great time! I don't drink at all now.

Oh GREAT one I have sinned: I have purposely waked fellow boaters who were fishing and anchored in the shipping channel, like the dumba$s that they were....:angel:

Please forgive my sin......:eek:

Please forgive me great spirit of Dometic. There was no pumpout station---I swear it.:eek:

Came in the inlet one day in my tunnel drive 38, came over a bar I knew as kinda sorta ok for my draw. To the right is shallower. Big CC with triple OB's comes smoking up behind me, assuming I was in deep water. He cuts it close to my stbd, enough where he is going to hit me with spray. What a jerk. He piles it up with the requisite skyward spray of sand.

As I pass by him, I holler out my stbd window "Hey dude, be careful, it is shallow there." And motor on my way....

Please forgive me for taking the tender out after a few beers to help the overturned kayaker. She was still really cute the next morning ta boot.

I went to a Jimmy Buffett Concert at the Miami Marine Stadium. This was in 1985, they made a video about it. I can see my boat in some of the footage! I drank a bunch of Rum and Coke, a few beers, smoked some outstanding bud. There were probably 300 other boats anchored in the basin. Lots of people on each of those boats! A bunch of folks had the great idea to use inner tubes to swim right up to the floating stage! I was thinking just how cool that was .......until I figured out how many people had pissed or crapped into that basin!!!!! Astounding hangover in the AM! Last boat to leave.......great time! I don't drink at all now.

You can be a member of the bad boy club and be a non-drinker...you just cant be a member an be self-righteous about it and NO soapboxes allowed...:D

Oh GREAT one I have sinned: I have purposely waked fellow boaters who were fishing and anchored in the shipping channel, like the dumba$s that they were....:angel:

Please forgive my sin......:eek:

4 hail to the chiefs and 4 rum and cokes at the dock...you are absolved.....at least that what I though I heard Neptune mutter under his liquored up breath.

Came in the inlet one day in my tunnel drive 38, came over a bar I knew as kinda sorta ok for my draw. To the right is shallower. Big CC with triple OB's comes smoking up behind me, assuming I was in deep water. He cuts it close to my stbd, enough where he is going to hit me with spray. What a jerk. He piles it up with the requisite skyward spray of sand.

As I pass by him, I holler out my stbd window "Hey dude, be careful, it is shallow there." And motor on my way....

:thumb:...see how nice it feels to be helpful...even after the fact...:rofl:

Please forgive me for taking the tender out after a few beers to help the overturned kayaker. She was still really cute the next morning ta boot.

Thank goodness otherwise you would have been cursed by that famous Winston Churchill quote... "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
Winston Churchill

Thank you all...all good members in standing so far...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Say 25 Hail Marys, face Mecca and chant for 3 minutes then send $1000 to my pay pal account and absolution will be granted...:D. Bless you my son, we are all sinners.

Priceless, Ski, priceless.

I hate to tell you guys, but you can't get absolution here. For that you will need to come over to Rev. Moon's Prosperity Church of What's Happening Now.

I hate to tell you guys, but you can't get absolution here. For that you will need to come over to Rev. Moon's Prosperity Church of What's Happening Now.

Where's the Rev. (actually I mean IrRev) Moon's Church gonna be these days?

Staying near Ft Piece or do I need to add another stop in my itinerary this winter?

Saaaaaayyyyyy Amen Brother.... I also sponsor Tennessee dancing rattle snakes, deepens the gene pool.... If you feel the need just send $40,000 to my pay pal account and I will give you a money back, 2x your money back if St Peter will not let ya in. Just fill out this form, in triplicate and summit within 2 weeks of rejection....

Yeowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really heating up on the Drinking and Boating thread....

Some of us that actually have had a beer or two while operating are now on the other side of a line drawn in the sand.

This could be it for sure....

I thought some topics in OTDE would separate the sides but now we have it.

Arm yourselves for the Armegeddon yet to happen. Better body armor up and wear all the PPE you can get your hands on.

Some of us lowlifes are the target of NO WHERE, NO HOW , NOT ON MY PLANET people who aren't ready to deal with us gutter trash.

Be ready...it's a war zone out there.

Wow...I was hoping some of the newbees and lurkers might join in here as the "all or nothing" crowd isn't welcome in the bad boys club here.

OK...so I'll go again.....

Please forgive me oh Grand Upah of the internet forums for I have sinned yet again...

I gave advice that wasn't absolutely correct for every boater and every boat on every sea on every journey.

It was to a guy who boated on a lake and never saw more than a foot high wave of fresh water.

I sinned in the fact I didn't mandate that every line, hose wire and piece of equipment be fastened that in the case of a rollover wouldn't come loose or chafe. I also forgot to say that the wire needed be tinned in case the 1000 gallons of saltwater (ooops, not where he is) in the bilge during the rollover saturated them and the owner needs to be sure there will be no corrosion 20 years down the road that MAY affect some backup or not really needed system.

Where's the Rev. (actually I mean IrRev) Moon's Church gonna be these days?

Staying near Ft Piece or do I need to add another stop in my itinerary this winter?

That hasn't been decided, but wherever it is the Brinks truck will follow along. It doesn't have prosperity in the name for nothing. It's for my prosperity.:D

That hasn't been decided, but wherever it is the Brinks truck will follow along. It doesn't have prosperity in the name for nothing. It's for my prosperity.:D

Well Rev...seems like you have your work cut out for you...a lot of souls out there think they are the second coming over there in a different thread or two. Have at'em!!!!

Bless me, for I too have sinned. Algae needed an anchor light and all I had in my possession was some speaker wire, a water hose adapter, a socket and LED, plus a ratty hose I'd found in a field. It wasn't perfect, but it is wired and works.

AlgaeLight.jpg

Oh, and the end from a Life-raft light -- that's the waterproof top of my light. Not fancy of course, but rather suits the dink and it's bright enough.

Please forgive me for making sudden, sharp turns (crazy Ivans) toward another boat's large wake that would otherwise severely roll my boat. This picture, taken from the Coot, shows crossing a wake. A boat in the background is doing the same.

232323232%7Ffp7349%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3949598%3A9%3A336nu0mrj

Last edited:
Bless me, for I too have sinned. Algae needed an anchor light and all I had in my possession was some speaker wire, a water hose adapter, a socket and LED, plus a ratty hose I'd found in a field. It wasn't perfect, but it is wired and works.

AlgaeLight.jpg

Oh, and the end from a Life-raft light -- that's the waterproof top of my light. Not fancy of course, but rather suits the dink and it's bright enough.

I love it.:thumb:

AlgaeLight.jpg

The above has been a public service announcement from the Department of Chrome won't get ya Home.

OK keep it up...let's keep the membership drive going...I want all those lurkers and newbes know that every mistake they make or "cheaping out on a project" won't get them killed or ostracized by the perfect crowd.

Ya'all is welcome here at the bad boys club.....:D

Oh King Neptune you have looked after me. Somehow your ultimate wisdom has kept me from disaster. My anchor was the wrong kind, it was too small, and there was not enough chain. How can I ever atone.:eek:

I should be the poster child for this group as I own a gas powered boat. And though I made a trip recently at 5ish knots, aside from the company i kept I did not like it. 14+ knots feels much better :)

I should be the poster child for this group as I own a gas powered boat. And though I made a trip recently at 5ish knots, aside from the company i kept I did not like it. 14+ knots feels much better :)

Craig, try 28 knots. You'll like it even better.:pirate::speed boat::speed boat:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom