Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #135
ben2go
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Not speaking for everyone who's made such comments, but it could be as a form of self protection. I know if I have a mere sip it could 'wake up' that portion of my brain that had such control over my life for so long. I've fought the battle to win my life back, and have no desire to endure that struggle again.

For the people who think booze has no control over them, quit for a couple months. Maybe you are one of the people who can easily drink or not drink...or...maybe you're being led around by the nose and don't even know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
If anybody is struggling out there, I found this place to be a lifeline;

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com

I had a battle with the bottle in my mid 20's.I won and came out on top.I can say,there was many nights I need to be in jail, and many that I just needed a good old fashioned @$$ whoppin.I am so glad that I never hurt anyone or killed anyone.Haven't touched a drop since May of 2006.I lost 2 uncles, and my father's heath conditions,that lead to his death,were made worse by alcohol.It best for me that I stay away from it.The admiral almost kicked my @$$, and left with our son, when I was being a drunken jack@$$.I'm not a violent drunk.Just a dumb lovable drunk that does stupid stupid stuff that some people rightfully don't appreciate.Alcohol is like pringles to me.Once I pop a top,I can't stop.

What a pain in the transom.