LED replacement to replace bub needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billylll

Guru
Vessel Name
WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Make
36 Gulstar MarkII
Anyone with a Gulfstar 36/43 Mark I or II that has the 12 VDC light fixtures located on the walls throughout the cabins? I think the base is an E26/27. It looks like a medium sized regular appliance 110 VAC bulb. I would like to find a replacement LED bulb. I know the fixtures have clip in shades I am not worried about fitting the shade to the LED replacement. Does anyone know the bulbs I'm talking about or an LED replacement for the above bulbs?
Thanks,
Bill

I am going to try the KOBI Electric Cool 60+19. They operate on 12 VDC generate 800 Lumens at 5000 Kelvin.
I'll let anyone interested know how they work out.
It looks like the original lamp shades will work with them.
Bill

Billy - I bought bulbs from superbrightleds.com. They are E27-xW8W-G-12V: E27 LED bulb, 8W, 12 Volt AC/DC Warm White. $19.95 ea.
I replaced the lights in the galley and salon, as they get the most use. We wanted to keep the vintage fixtures, so we had to have a bulb that had a bulbous (?) shape to take the clip on shade. Then had to find new shades. Searched all over the net, but amazingly, found them in the West Marine catalog. Now we're happy campers/boaters.

Attachments

• IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 160
Looks like I need to call the distributor and send these back. They are the wrong spec.
Bilgewater I need to order what you have, I don't know how I messed this up I'm going to look at my order.
Guy's thanks for jumping on this and pointing out the problem.
Bill

BillyIII, 5000 kelvin is a pretty harsh light. To get down to the warm whites 3000 or a little below is much softer. Of course if you need the brightest the 5000 would do it.

Bilgewater is this almost an exact replacement? When you say you had to replace your shades was that because of size of the new LED Bulb or the age or deterioration of the original shades?
Here's a link to what might be "the" replacement bulb for our Gulstars?
Compact Edison Medium Screw Base A45 LED Bulb

Bill

Last edited:
Billy - The bulbs I used were very close to the original size. We replaced the shades because of their deterioration. $15.49 each in WM catalog.

384313.jpg

We have a 110 volt lamp on Bay Pelican in which I currently have a 60 watt equivalent fluorescent bulb. Medium base of course E26 / E27 Would love to convert this to a 12 volt LED, but the brightest bulb I have found so far is a 7 watt LED which is equivalent to a 50 watt incandescent. Still looking for a 8 watt LED, 12 volt.

Billy - The bulbs I used were very close to the original size. We replaced the shades because of their deterioration. $15.49 each in WM catalog.

384313.jpg
Thanks Josh, I'll stick with the size that worked for you fixtures look identical to your pictures.
Bill

We have a 110 volt lamp on Bay Pelican in which I currently have a 60 watt equivalent fluorescent bulb. Medium base of course E26 / E27 Would love to convert this to a 12 volt LED, but the brightest bulb I have found so far is a 7 watt LED which is equivalent to a 50 watt incandescent. Still looking for a 8 watt LED, 12 volt.

Have you tried using a E26/E27 Medium Base to GU10 Light Bulb Lamp Adapter with a GU10 LED Light Bulb, Warm White, 9 Watt, 12VDC - Dimmable or something similar.

E26 E27 Medium Base to GU10 Light Bulb Lamp Adapter | eBay

GU10 LED Light Bulb, Warm White, 9 Watt, 12VDC - Dimmable - Led Household Light Bulbs - Amazon.com

I was able to return the 110VAC bulbs and get a refund.
Now I'm looking at some of the proposed solutions posted here.
Thanks,
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom