Tarpon Springs to Carrabelle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Already did, had the cod sandwich... very good with fries.

Oh, The Moorings is nice for the price. $54.00 for a 36 footer includes swimming pool, recreation room (pool, television, charts), restrooms, shower and laundry (quarters probably). Also includes a big breakfast. Diesel was cheapest I've seen yet at $3.85 / gallon.

Yeah, all the marinas in Carrabelle are a very good value, and the Moorings is a great place for sure. Diesel is generally even cheaper at C-Quarters, my boat is down in Stuart now, I really miss filling up there.

Glad you liked Fisherman's wife.

Manatee, glad the trip went well and the Moorings worked out. Where are you headed as your destination?

For the next leg of my journey I'm heading west to Mobile. What is the route to take from Carrabelle? The ICW out of Apalachicola looks like a long desolate trip with no marinas. Should I overnight in Apalachicola then plan on a long day the next day? What's a good place to dock in Apalachicola? I have no generator so need elect service for the a/c.

What I would do if I were making the trip..... Go to Apalach early tomorrow, spend the night at one of the marinas and get a an early start the next day. You should be able to make Panama City late that afternoon. Make Niceville or Fort Walton Beach the next day. Then Pensacola the next day, then on to Mobile the next. Given you run about 6 knots I think this would be best. I would not bother going outside. I have marina recommendations for most of these stops. Let me know if you want them.

My ultimate destination is Chattanooga, Tn.
I bought this boat in Melbourne, Fl and when I found out how much the insurance was going to be to moor it in coastal waters vs the river system I decided to head home with it. I've had a delivery captain with me up till now but am heading out without him tomorrow, various friends will accompany me from here on out. It's a long journey but I retired a few months ago and this is keeping me busy.

Then I would still stay with my route if it were me. Some of the stops,
Panama City Marina
1 Harrison Ave
Panama City, FL 32401-2724
United States (US)
850-872-7272 (Fax: 850-747-5948)
or
St Andrews Marina
3151 W 10th St
Panama City, FL 32401
United States (US)
850-872-7240 I prefer this one....
then
Bluewater Bay Marina
290 Yacht Club Drive
Niceville, FL 32578-7122
United States (US)
850-897-2821
or
North Light Marina and Yacht Club
113 John Sims Parkway West
Niceville, FL 32578
United States (US)
850-678-2836
After hours: 850-428-1887 this is right next to my dock and home. We could get together...
or
Fort Walton Yacht Basin
104 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548-6615
United States (US)
850-244-5725 not much but OK...
then
Palafox Pier and Yacht Harbour Marina
997 S Palafox St
Pensacola, FL 32501-5939
United States (US)
850-432-9620
After hours: Open seven days a week from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. Very GOOD...
then on to Mobile.....
let me know if you would want to get together....

Thanks Roger, this is a huge help.

Roger... yeah, I'd be glad to get together. Let me know when I'm close.

Manatee, we sent you a Private Message.

I find Active Captain to be huge benefit to finding marinas on nautical charts and various other boating needs. It is well worth taking a look at. No fees, just a simple sign up. If you have not used it, try it.
activecaptain.com

Back
Top Bottom