Old 07-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
macp
Veteran Member

City: Seabrook, TX
Vessel Name: Air2Sea
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 34 Trawler
Question Wannabees . . .

Hi all,
We're a couple of wannabe boat owners. I joined the forum a couple of years ago when we started kicking around the idea after our grandkids and their parents moved to Katy, TX and left us in Dallas. We spent a month drooling over the possibility of moving to Clear Lake, parking a 35-40 foot boat out the door, playing with grandkids in between trips, and possibly even a Great Loop. Work won, and we stalled.

Last summer, elderly parent care demanded attention, so I moved them from Louisiana to Pecan Grove, near the grandkids. DH is currently selling our Dallas home so we can live together again. He is a lifelong pilot - flies a B-95 Travel-Air, our son flies a Baron, and I have a bragging license. We spent last week-end looking at a 38' Chien Hwa at Seabrook. We've also looked at a 31' Lien Hwa in Rockport. DH was taken aback by how BIG the 38' seemed to him.

Wondering about recommendations for training in the Clear Lake area? Also wondering if we've "missed the boat" in timing. What's too old to start?
macp is offline   Reply With Quote