42 GB Motoryacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4061

Guru
Interested to know how many 42' Motoryachts were built and the last year they were produced.

What are the engines of choice and what would should one out for if interested in a used boat. Thanks

I have seen 42 GB motoryachts up into the mid 90s. The preferred engine would be twin Cummins 6BTs at 210 hp each. I think these were offered instead of the Lehmans in the mid 90s.

David

I have seen them with 375 Cats also.

I'm not sure there is a "preferred" engine. The Lehman, Cummins and CATs are all good engines. Other than the fact that the CATs make for a very crowded engine space.

I'd look at the over all boat more than concentrating on just which brand of engines it has.

Thank you to everyone that responded. The boat we were exploring was a GB 47 Motor yacht with Cats. While the boat appeared to be near new with low hours what we learned about the engines was enough to end our research. The additional issue of difficultly boarding didn't help. What a beautiful looking book from both the outside and inside.

Just curious - was the 47 a "classic" with the aft trunk cabin, or a Europa with the covered cockpit and walk around sides?

Back
Top Bottom