Our first outing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetmech59

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pert'Near
Vessel Make
hershine 37
My wife and I took ownership of our 37 hershine on the last day of june. Our 1 st trawler and big step up from our 23 ft searay. After 4 days of investigating and going over our new boat, servicing the engine and fuel filters I could stand it no longer I had to try my hand at getting her out of the boat house and into some open water where I could learn how to run her without the risk of damaging some very expensive nieghbors property. I had reached out to a friend to show me some pointers but the holiday weekend had him obligated. We did mange to get her out and back with no damage to anyone or ourselves however not very pretty (i Ended up backing out to the wider part of the marina) the and had a very wonderful though short two day cruise. I credit our success to this forum and the tips I got from you all.

Well done. It just gets easier and more enjoyable.....

Congrats on your first trawler and your successful maiden voyage. I'm sure the hardest part was wiping the grin off of you face.

When I upgraded from my 19 ft SeaRay runabout, my insurance company required that I undergo boat handling training to learn how to do it safely. It took 10 hrs of training at $60/hr...some of the best $600 I've spent in boating. I'll be the first to admit I don't always do it right, but I'm much more confident and capable after the training.

Enjoy your new ride!!

No Runs, No Hits, No one left on base.....a perfect maiden voyage! Congrats.

Hey that is a great maiden voyage

on mine I polished my props at Big Pass in Sarasota you did way better then me

Congrats

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom