Ready to roll downhill in 164 elbow curves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Gentlemen

There she goes. 227 miles on a two way single lane road, downhill with 164 elbow curves amongst others. God bless the driver and should He send us good weather free of rain and mist.

Attachments

• WP_000544.jpg
    WP_000544.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 153
  • WP_000545.jpg
    WP_000545.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 156
  • WP_000540.jpg
    WP_000540.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 164
  • WP_000541.jpg
    WP_000541.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 162
  • WP_000542.jpg
    WP_000542.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 155
  • WP_000543.jpg
    WP_000543.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 148
*Fingers Crossed* everything goes well.

That's a beautiful boat! :)

Rick more than beautiful.

I think she's probably VERY efficient.

Don't forget the Champagne! PS. and don't let the truck driver have any before the trip.
Hey, maybe splash a Caipirinha over the bow.

Good luck with the move! Seeing that beautiful boat splash will be a great moment for you ( and actually for us too, it has been great following your progress)

Thanks you all
I have my fingers crossed and a strong recommendation that they do not drive during and after the soccer games of the World Cup. Only from early morning to 11:30 AM. The truck drives @ 15 - 20 mph.

It will be alright! In the end, Champagne, Caipirinha beer and whatever we have will be plashed in the bow

How incredibly exciting and, at the same time, nerve-wracking this must be for you, Fernando. Please keep us posted . I hope you get a video of the splash. Then I'll raise my glass toward toward Brazil and toast your incredible accomplishment!

Godspeed!

Fernando, you may not can see us, but I think you know that your friends here on TF are riding with you. Thanks ever so much for taking us along on the building of your beautiful boat. Godspeed my friend.

Thank you guys

For those lovers of technicalities, the boat weighted 52750 lbs. We were looking to 55000 lbs. We all expect she floats up side up!!!
The trip will take a week from Monday 5:00 am. Then, we will mount the flybridge and connect all paraphernalia in it. The mast and the boom, check list and then WATER!
The bad news is that the admiral that gives the name to the boat may not be present that day so, we may delay 3 or 4 days for the splash.
Thank you my friends. I'll keep you posted!

Fernando - I am BREATHLESS... at your accomplishments to date and this leg of your journey. Hands together, looking up, reguests and best wishes applied simultaneously!

Can't wait to hear/see your outcome.

Fernando, that is one fine looking boat. Good luck with the move & splash. Definitely wait for the namesake of the boat (also known as Admiral, Boss etc.) before you splash or you'll hear about it the rest of your days.

Double ditto, Fernando. Can hardly wait to see her doing what she was built to do. Lots of pic's, we hope.

What a great paint job…can't wait to see whole boat afloat. Got all my digits crossed for you. Makes walking and going to you know where tricky, but hey, it's worth it.

More pictures for you maniacs

I'll catch Mark's photo disease

Attachments

• IMG-20140703-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20140703-WA0005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG-20140703-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20140703-WA0004.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG-20140703-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20140703-WA0007.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG-20140703-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20140703-WA0008.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20140703-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20140703-WA0009.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 118
Awesome, beautiful boat! You have a lot of catching up to beat Mark on the pics. Keep'em coming. Best wishes on the splash.

Cool! I hope they're being careful not to scratch her on the roadside growth. I bet you just want to dust her off each night after her ride down the dusty road. How many kilometers/day is it traveling?

Thanks for the update and keep the pics coming, we've got plenty of server space for them.

She's cruising down the road on air... headen to her permanent "bath water"... so she can float amongst the rubber duckies... while you “closely” view all the mermaids!

Best Continued Luck!!

Looking forward to more picts, especially of her SPLASH! :speed boat:

Those power lines remind me of NIGERIA...
Bill

Thank you guys for your best wishes.
While taking her out of the building site, there was absolute attention to side growth to avoid scratches. Before the boat was loaded, we spread lots of polish cream...The power lines are easy to deal with because they only exists in the rural areas or deep inside of the country. My biggest problems are the pay toll gates along the way. I have to cross 2 of them in 165 kilometers of highway.
That's where the trip becomes expensive.
Fernando

Thank you guys for your best wishes.
While taking her out of the building site, there was absolute attention to side growth to avoid scratches. Before the boat was loaded, we spread lots of polish cream...The power lines are easy to deal with because they only exists in the rural areas or deep inside of the country. My biggest problems are the pay toll gates along the way. I have to cross 2 of them in 165 kilometers of highway.
That's where the trip becomes expensive.
Fernando

Those tolls have overheads to squeeze under... or one side with open air height. Also, how do they judge the road fee; cubic space, weight, # of tires, value of property... or...?? :confused:

I'll be cha “a dollar three eighty plus tax” (lol) doesn’t even scratch the surface on charges for that beauty! :facepalm:

Fernando - Continued good luck be with you, yours, and your baby! :thumb:

Art

They had open spaces at the out edge of the road. A smart business man came up with the idea of making a steel structure of about 25’ height connecting the pay toll booths to the main offices. When a big wide tall load needs to come through, they charge to open that metallic structure. This operation takes about 20 minutes to open and 15 to close, they charge regardless the size, $3K per operation in this road. Yet in other roads, these fees go up to $12K.

Sorry guys

I meant 15' tall not 25' tall

She is looking great, Fernando-that is going to be a trip to remember for all time. But, man, is she going to be beautiful in the water, where she was meant to be!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom