TV Question - Life on the Hook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In real life (whatever that is) I've never been repeatedly beaten with a hat by a fat guy, so I might not feel comfortable in that role. In fact, I look, act and dress more like the professor... RT wanna swap?

. . . . . . . . ., but you look so much like Gilligan. Give it a shot. Please.

By the way I am much too young to play Thurston Howell, III.

The cruisers net is on 14.300 MHz I believe. You need a ham call sign to join.
AA2UK
Bill

I used to follow Knotty Dog... kept my spirits up while taking care of Mother (Alzheimer's) and the lady was a hoot. I would have liked to meet her. They seemed like nice folks.

And the photography was excellent. A very talented couple on a larger boat....

There is a poster getting around another forum with the initials GG whose life may make for an interesting reality TV program. They have missed filming the start of the story but even tuning in where the reality is about now would be ok.

Boating is boring unless you're living it first hand. It's the ambiance, something hard to capture in a documentary.

232323232%7Ffp63564%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D38847%3B434%3B336nu0mrj

Occasional "crisis" on the other hand could be interesting. Gawd! Is he going to hit me?!

img_245855_1_5e36e47c76d47a1317d2279b00929648.jpg

... Oh, what a lovely passing:

img_245855_2_ebb8fb4708bf3e5260ce37432305c5a8.jpg

Last edited:
Wifey B: Just now saw I'd been cast. Well, at least I do like my fellow cast members, just not the idiot producer. Thing is the real story of boating no one would watch. Heck, you really think Gilligan's would work today? I mean like today's tv would require two hot scantily clad girls inherit a derelict boat and get into trouble in port after port. Ooops...I may have given the Kardashians an idea. Or Nicole and Paris. I mean only boating show right now if it hasn't been cancelled which it should be is "Below Deck." Well, at least he wouldn't need to change the title of his existing show much. "Down East Dickering". Now "Off Shore D......ing."

I mean I'd like watch some body here who has a blog converted to a show with the new people and ports they visit, not the freaking repairs and maintenance though. But their audience would be like me and five more.

You know they busted all the game shows in ancient days for being fake. Why not the reality shows. At least a disclaimer sort of like Law and Order has. "The following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event." Actually Law and Order comes a lot closer to reality than reality.

I used to follow Knotty Dog... kept my spirits up while taking care of Mother (Alzheimer's) and the lady was a hoot. I would have liked to meet her. They seemed like nice folks.

And the photography was excellent. A very talented couple on a larger boat....

We follow many blogs and we would watch an honest show of cruisers. Wouldn't have to be complete, don't need to see them painting the hull for months. Just highlights. But just like the beautiful photo on the front of knottydog. I wonder sometimes if there are enough true boaters to enjoy it. To me it is certainly more exciting that watching a golf tournament, if done correctly. But I'd want to see those others could emulate, not the few to various extremes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom